I need some bodywork

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In no particular order, it is the '91, I am still toying with the idea of a utility bed, just finding the right one will be tough. And the guy just cut in traffic and kept going, it doesnt matter anyway, proving he caused any damage is impossible in most states, and if you hit them behind the door they can cite you for failure to yield even if he is in the wrong, had coffee with a LE buddy this morning.

It may buff out with a plasma torch.

They are 220v dc comp system backups out of the mill we are recycling.

Dave Sponaugle

Reaction score
Untill the antique laws we have on the books in most states get tossed out, people that do stuff like that get a pat on the back from the law.

Press the issue to hard, or if another car had been hit by one of the backups, you would probably gotten a ticket for an improperly secured load.

After spending years driving a truck, and seeing this way to many times, I got out of the truck driving profession.

There is a distance you should be following a vehicle.
I know now most states use the second per 10 MPH rule instead of the car length per 10 MPH rule.

However using the car length rule, my 23 foot long crew cab 8 foot bed truck should have 161 feet between it and the car in front of it at 70 MPH.
When a car cuts me off with 10 or 20 feet between my truck and the car, in my opinion that amounts to vehicular assault.

I know several years ago there was an insurance scam where a car cut you off, then another car working with them cut them off so they had a reason to slam on the brakes.
Then your insurance and you got scammed because they had planned on you hitting the car that originally cut you off.

They even had a name for it, swoop and something that I can't think of right now.

The whole scam was dependant on the you hit them behind the center of the car (door) laws.
However, nothing about the laws changed.

With traffic today, good luck getting even 25% of the propper folllowing distance between you and the vehicle in front of you.

I am glad you are OK and no one else was hurt.
Sure is a shame about your truck though.

NapaBavarian

Dually driver 6.9
Reaction score
There are 2 types of car drivers:

1) Always in the left lane, never yield to faster traffic

2) Pass you and cut you off with 10 feet and ***** about the "big trucks" cookoo

ocnorb

IDIT
Reaction score
Yep. I personally wish that every single driver had to spend one year driving a large truck and one year on a motorcycle prior to being able to get a "car permit"...:sly Maybe then we would have more folks that are actually competent to wield several thousand pounds of steel around in public without endangering everyone else!!

A guy can dream, right?:confused:

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Found and bought a bed today, no rust, no bondo, one littledent.

Pick it up in a couple days.

FordGuy100

Reaction score
I'm on the market for one as well. After giving my bed an hour or two to NO AVAIL, I'm almost dead set on buying a decent bed and painting it. Or at least cutting the corner out and putting it in place of mine (most likely). Problem is Texas truck beds = crap.