I need an injector line

Drew2010

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I am in search of an injector line. this is the second time this line has started leaking. Im beginning to think I need to do some sort of line clamp for just this line.

Anyway. I believe it is the number 2 cylinder line. (It is the first cylinder on the drivers side.) Does anyone have lines laying around. Or even a set. I might be interested in a set if the price is right. I am in college now and all I did was plow snow this winter, so needless to say moneys tight... If someone has these lines I would be greatly appreciative. Let me know a price guys.

Simp5782

SNOW TACKLER!
Reaction score
Ford dealerships have the line for around 30$ each. Or check car-part.com for an injector pump or complete engine in your area and see if they will sell the lines. mostly they will. Also if the rubber insulation on the lines is worn out it will cause the vibration to make it leak.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Each side of the engine must have two line clamps on them... If your are missing you will always be breaking the number 2 cylinder like you have. Look closely at the intake manifold where it bolts to the heads. Each cylinder has a number cast into the intake port runner at the head. So its real easy to know what cylinder your dealing with. Also on the passenger side of the intake manifold air horn you will find the fireing order cast into the manifold.....

Simp5782

SNOW TACKLER!
Reaction score
Yeah i think fords are 1 2 3 4 on pass side and 5 6 7 8 on drivers. front to rear. I kno chevys flip flop side to side 1 2 3 4 etc.. why cant they just be like a cummins front to rear so easy even a real redneck can figure it out.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Nope... The passenger side is 1 3 5 7 and the drivers side is 2 4 6 8... This is front or from the injection pump back to the firewall. Look at the intake manifold port runners are the heads for the numbers of the cylinders.....:dunno

Drew2010

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah it is definitely cylinder number 2. does the ford dealer actually carry them? I have a hard time believing they do. but does anyone have some layin around they would like to part with for a small price?

Simp5782

SNOW TACKLER!
Reaction score
they can order them. also try craigslist. I have found a few people with idis they are parting out. even on cross country road trips. had one break twice in the middle of missouri and south dakota. Ford can have the part usually overnight. just make sure its the right one. most of the parts guys have no clue on an idi

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
uhaultruckparts.com has new injector lines individual for each cyl. New injector lines are expensive, around $52 to $58.

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Clicky in this sequence--- uhaultruckparts.com ---Ford Truck Parts---1989-1990 F-350---FUEL SYSTEM AND MANIFOLDS---FUEL INJECTORS, TUBES & VR2 E8---TZ9A555B # 2 INJECTOR TUBE 51.35---Then in the lower left corner clicky on that--and you buy it.

Pele

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why do the lines start leaking? If they do leak, can you tighten them down to get them to stop?

Do you need to replace the line and injector at the same time?

I had one start leaking once and it wouldn't stop until I put a new injector in.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why do the lines start leaking? If they do leak, can you tighten them down to get them to stop?

Do you need to replace the line and injector at the same time?

I had one start leaking once and it wouldn't stop until I put a new injector in.

Nine times out of ten, the line clamps have been removed in the past and not reinstalled. The clamps isolate vibration that will fatigue the line and cause them to crack/leak.

It's not leaking at the injector/injection line interface, but at a crack somewhere in the line. Leaking at the top of the injector is a bad return line, return cap, or o-rings.

Heath

Drew2010

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well it is leaking from in between the line itself and the 5/8 fitting that screws on to the injector. it sprays up from there and the truck runs like a** because there isnt enough pressure to open the injector so its missing on cylinder 2. I did look today and i can kindof see where the line clamp used to be. Must have been along time ago. so I need a clamp and a line. went to ford today and they wanted $93...cookoo kindof outrageous. still looking for one. If anyone still has a line or the clamps I would be interested.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle