I Need a Radiator

tuckerd1

WAR DAMN EAGLE!
Reaction score
Where is a good place to buy from and what is the best available out there? I want the biggest I can get without going custom. In other words, I want one I can bolt in without any mods.

Thanks,
Don

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
If you want a seriously nice rad, check out my previous thread here

Bolts right in without a fuss and is built a whole lot stronger than those ebay aluminum rads ( I'd be scared to lean my big gut on one of those thin stamped aluminum things, not so on mine )

He's already got the templates to make that rad made up so he can lazer cut the pieces , so it shouldn't take as long as the first one I had made up custom.

------------Robert

MIDNIGHT RIDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
;Sweet I am well pleased with my $350 Ready-Rad from Advance.;Sweet

It seems to be as good, if not better, than the one Ford put in it when new.

tuckerd1

WAR DAMN EAGLE!
Reaction score
;Sweet I am well pleased with my $350 Ready-Rad from Advance.;Sweet

It seems to be as good, if not better, than the one Ford put in it when new.

I have thought about those. The aluminum rad. does have me drooling though. Just depends upon the price.

Andrew M. Frankli

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought a Chinese made brass/copper radiator from Lee Auto Parts (Bumper-to-Bumper franchise) in Chicago area for 350.00. It's been in for a year and I'm very happy with it. It looks just like the original equipment one that I pulled out of my 93 IDI CC 4x4 and was pleasantly surprised at the build quality, weight (!) and price. --Andy

jimraelee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wonder how much lighter the aluminum unit would be???? I know that when I pulled my rad last month for a repair, it weighed a ton. I'm use to little car and light truck radiators, not this monster :mad:

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
I wonder how much lighter the aluminum unit would be???? I know that when I pulled my rad last month for a repair, it weighed a ton. I'm use to little car and light truck radiators, not this monster :mad:

That Rodney Red radiator i got isn't light. The top and bottom tanks are made from some pretty heavy plate.

Those stamped ones on ebay are probably light, but i would be scared to death to lean on that top tank, I don't think what's left of it would be very pretty :fan: ;Pissed

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's the rule of common sense......
if you see any semblance of lifting loops on a part....be afraid...very afraid....:eek::eek::eek:
There's nothing light or small on these radiators. I've been toying with the OBS psd alu radiators. some mods will be necessary but nothing major. relocation of the upper hose fitting is the critical part.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online