i may be down here some more

DBogo

Reaction score
well in the classifieds i see a 89 F250 diesel B/O so i call the guy he says he dont want to make no money off it just get rid of it either that or he scraps it this week so im headed off tomorrow to look at it, it dont run it needs an oil cooler possibly injectors GPs and possibly an IP maybe we can tweak it a little bit but its a rust free 4x4 from flordia only down fall its an auto how difficult would it be to change the auto to a 5spd we are goin to make it a pullin truck any advice on that?? well i should have it soon for little or nothign

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a fun project. We've got tons of advice. Let us know when you get it.

Russ

Idont do injectors
Reaction score
its an auto how difficult would it be to change the auto to a 5spd we are goin to make it a pullin truck any advice on that??
If your making it a pulling truck, don't install a 5 speed.
Russ

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
DBogo said:
well in the classifieds i see a 89 F250 diesel B/O so i call the guy he says he dont want to make no money off it just get rid of it either that or he scraps it this week so im headed off tomorrow to look at it, it dont run it needs an oil cooler possibly injectors GPs and possibly an IP maybe we can tweak it a little bit but its a rust free 4x4 from flordia only down fall its an auto how difficult would it be to change the auto to a 5spd we are goin to make it a pullin truck any advice on that?? well i should have it soon for little or nothign

A rust free 4x4 Diesel for little or nothing, sounds like too good of a deal to pass up!

I agree with Gruss, if it is a pullin truck, keep the auto.

Keep us posted on what happens, I would hate to see it go to the scrap yard!

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
An auto would be fine for a gasser, but if he wants to build a REAL pulling truck, with decompressed cylinders, lots of boost, and all that, he's going to need to get the RPM's up and the boost up before he turns a wheel. Can't do that with an auto. A manual with a slipper clutch would be best. Forget the ZF. You don't want any alluminum in your drive train. Put in a T-19 with a NP 205 or something like that. The BW's aren't going to work too long under those conditions.