I just Installed This Thing...

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Very true...the blue supply is infact called a 3/8 and the gray return is 5/16...however...when I measured the ID of the blue hard line is was closer to 5/16. Also, when I fitted/tested a 3/8 rubber line to the fuel tank nipple it just felt sloppy so I used 5/16 hose for a better fit and, the filter had 5/16 nipples.
The 3/8 x 3/8 coupling was from the 'plumbing' department of Home Depot, it fit the 5/15 hose nicely but was a difficult push-into the 3/8 oe blue supply line.
Obviously in the pic I went inside the plastic supply line, not out as you mentioned.

After a few tanks of fuel I'll be curious to see if any debris is in the filter.
During that time I'll be researching an actual 'clear diesel fuel rated filter'

Dropping that rear tank isn't 1/2 as bad as some make it out to be...(just siphon the fuel out first)
Doing so gave me a chance to sand the rust and add paint. I would have rather drop the rear tank vs remove my cap and pull the bed. (not an option anyhow)

Now, the front tank-drop and busted showerhead removal is next...I can't wait! :drunk:

BTW...I absolutely despise the smell of diesel fuel on my hands or clothing!

Probably the difference between 'hose' and 'tubing'. Hose is measured by ID. Tubing is OD. Because of the fittings used.

SearsMech

Reaction score
Wix 33270 or NAPA 3270 is a diesel fuel 3/8" inline steel mesh filter. It's steel though, not clear plastic.

6.9poweredscout

Bleeds IH red...
Reaction score
Think I'll be going this route on my dually. Rear Tank runs out at 1/4 tank and the front tank the sender doesn't work. Anyone know where to get a new sender?

bigpanda16

Reaction score
Wix 33006 is clear, 20 micron mesh screen (cleanable) that is rated for diesel fuel
Again however it is 5/16...
And it has a 90 degree bend on one side also

SearsMech

Reaction score
LMC has the rear senders, complete with shower head. After I get my rear done I'll look into posibly modifying a rear one to fit the front.

KyleQ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, here is a great solution for the busted showerheads-

Meet the Walbro in-tank pickup

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

The MP-13 has a single inlet and a bleed hole in case you run the tank completely dry- you can run multiple pickups in your tank if you want, these are originally designed for snowmobiles but work awesome for rock crawlers or tanks without baffles. I know that snowmobiles run on gas, but many people have reported using these for diesel without problems for years...

At just over $25 a pop, they are worth it!

HammerDown

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have my tank out, will those socks work for replacing the shower head?
Don't know if they're diesel fuel friendly...I thought about replacing my shower heads with something too.
Then I though a filter 'outside' the tank would be EASIER to replace/service 'if' the tank became contaminated/clogged with something.
Quite pleased with my decision to use two of these...http://www.summitracing.com/parts/wix-33972

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thamojster

Members online