I have IP weep hole issues.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've noticed an increasing fuel leak on the truck over the past several weeks. I have been unable to track it down, until yesterday. It is coming from the weep hole of the IP. This was one (there were others) of the reasons I had to change the IP on the truck before coming back from KY in March. I'm not an IDI genius, but I'm pretty dang sure I'm going to need an IP soon........right?

What is the word about Ken's IP and Stage One injectors? Worth the cash or not? I've been hearing that he's been a bit slow in getting stuff out of the shop lately. What is the best way to get a hold of him.....Phone.....email? Any suggestions are apprecitated.

I also have redone the vents on the axles and T-case. I'll right it up if you guys want. I guess I could do an On-Board Air write up as well if you guys want it.

Heath

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
hesutton said:
I also have redone the vents on the axles and T-case. I'll right it up if you guys want. I guess I could do an On-Board Air write up as well if you guys want it.
I know that I for one would love to see them!!

Regarding the IP...yeah, if fuel's leaking out of the weep hole (and you're certain that it's coming out of the weep hole and not out of a bad gasket on a cover i.e. the triangular-shaped cover on the passenger's side), it's time for another one. If this is a replacement pump, I would talk to the supplier...it sounds like it came out of the rebuilder with a bad seal or a worn shaft...

Mr_Roboto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've started leaking recently too. I believe it has to do with the ULSD that has been in the pipeline for a while. It was known that the new fuel would cause rubber shrinkage in older trucks. I expect to see more leakage as time goes on.

I fuel at a Pilot truck stop so I probably got the fuel before some others.

apextrans

What Log Book????
Reaction score
Count me as among the "lucky ones" also. Triagle cover is leaking, Fuel laying in the valley pan & the whole front of the pump is wet. Mine is original though so it's time for a freshen up.

I ordered from Ken & it is taking a while to get the stuff. However, I ordered a holley pump from him which he didn't have in stock & is waiting to ship the rest of the order once the pump comes in to save me some $$$. Not his fault. He is hard to get hold of but I have luck following Mel's advise & calling about 10:00am Eastern Standard Time.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
apextrans said:
Count me as among the "lucky ones" also. Triagle cover is leaking, Fuel laying in the valley pan & the whole front of the pump is wet. Mine is original though so it's time for a freshen up.

I ordered from Ken & it is taking a while to get the stuff. However, I ordered a holley pump from him which he didn't have in stock & is waiting to ship the rest of the order once the pump comes in to save me some $$$. Not his fault. He is hard to get hold of but I have luck following Mel's advise & calling about 10:00am Eastern Standard Time.

Mine is definately leaking from the stinking weep hole. Anywho, how much is he charging for the Turbo IP mod and the Stage one injectors? I'll try and call him tomorrow. What have you heard about the change in performance? I'm maxing out at 7psi now, I guess I should adjust the wastegate eh?

Heath

apextrans

What Log Book????
Reaction score
As stupid as this will sound, I don't have a final total, but I think the IP & injectors with the return line kit was low $600's. You could check his web site for prices. You do have to core your old stuff to him or the price goes up.

I was making about 8 psi boost after the turbo install, then went back & opened the wastegate all the way & bottomed out the fuel screw & got about 12 psi. No problems to date (boost related anyway).

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Order'ed the Turbo IP and Stage 1's today. :draw :Sly Hope to have them in the next couple of weeks. Gotta send him my old IP for a core (he is currently out of cores). Very excited.

Heath

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Speaking of cores, I'd be interested in hearing from anybody who has an intact, but bad IP. I hate sending a good one in.

tractorman86

Reaction score
i have one off of a 6.9er dont have a clue if it is any good or not. it was bolted on a motor that cracked a piston so it was good when motor died but dont know how long ago that was

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle