I have a miss. help please.

kf6ivi

Reaction score
I had put a new to me used engine in my truck. Over the entire engine looked very good from exam, Newer remanufactured short block, fresh heads. Glow plugs look brand new.

I put new injectors because it had old mismatched injectors I also installed a new return line kit.

I have two injector caps that have a small leak of fuel on them. I have changed o-ring twice and change the injector caps and they still have a fuel leak although smaller then it was. Would a cracked injector line leak like this?

The engine starts very fast. This is the fastest starting diesel I own. It starts very well when cold at 20 degrees without being plugged in.

I how ever have a miss. It is not as bad at an idle. It increases with rpms. It is not steady it kind of is hit and miss. The motor drops with all cylinders the same when I open the injector caps. I can’t track it to one cylinder. The engine has no knock to it. It seams to do it more when the engine is warm.

I have the injector pump and lines from my old engine. I am thinking about put them on to see if this makes any changes. What do you think?

Any other ideas I might be missing.

Thanks Ethan

kcw12

CrazedCountryRebel
Reaction score
is it leaking out the top of it. It sounds like you got a cracked line, take the old lines on them cylinders off your old motor and put them on there. see if that fixes your miss. I have a couple lines go bad on mine did the same thing. It isn't good.

kcw12

CrazedCountryRebel
Reaction score
he says he has fuel coming out the injectors on two cylinders. if the top of the injectors/lines meet is leaking fuel, it will miss like a mad man. Trust me been there done that got the lines to prove it. If its not the lines, id say its the pump.

oldmisterbill

Grumpy Old Man
Reaction score
Do you use fuel conditioner? On my 7.3 if I don't use conditioner I have a slight low RPM miss that goes,untill I use conditioner.It takes a while but will come back eventually if I stop using conditioner. :dunno

whitebear

Reaction score
87 F250 6.9 i have a miss @ idel to about 1200rpm i sometimes goes away cant figure it out i used a aditve and dosnt seem to work Help please

Last edited:

FordGuy100

Reaction score
87 F250 6.9 i have a miss @ idel to about 1200rpm i sometimes goes away cant figure it out i used a aditve and dosnt seem to work Help please

Sounds like you have a bad injector. Maybe air in the lines as well. Does it just miss, or does the truck shake real bad when missing?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle