I givey you The Green Monster

spencnaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got my new truck today. Real beast on the freeway. To say it's quiet is an understatement.

I'll be on the Powerstroke forum if you have any questions about biodiesel. My old truck is still up for sale too.

Attachments

• Green Monster 1.jpg
    Green Monster 1.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 55
  • Green Monster 2.jpg
    Green Monster 2.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 69

6.9poweredscout

Bleeds IH red...
Reaction score
i see there's snow, you're missing one vital piece there!! a front axle! ...well 2 and a transfercase! :puke:

just making sure you're aware.;Sweet
-Jon

spencnaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just some chains, a posi rear end and weight in the rear end is enough for me.

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice truck, and it ought to give you some nice fuel economy too. A warning tho - this engine should have the powdered-metal connecting rods in it, instead of the forget ones used in the earlier production years, so don't go too crazy on the PCM tune if you decide that you want one. Also, buy chains for the rear axle ;)

spencnaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the chains, I'm going to put in a BullyDog Watchdog. 275 horsepower is more than enough for what I need it for.

kas83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
275 horsepower is more than enough

Famous last words LMAO.

Nice truck, hope it serves you well. Put some more power to it, try to squeeze a couple more mpg out of it.

On edit - Might not want to run full on Bio in it, the tolerances are ALOT tighter than IDI's, and the injection pressure can be up to 10x what it is in an IDI, so make sure it's clean, well filtered. I know guys that do it with trucks the same age as yours, but one dirty batch gets expensive, as they've found out themselves.

punkmechanic

diesel tech
Reaction score
^^x2^^

one dirty batch or an extended fuel filter change and you will be hating life. 8 injectors for that comes to the tune of 2-3k, just parts. I love the di 7.3 but I also have a huge array of spare "parts" that should have cost me more than what my truck did.

food for thought.

punk

spencnaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Given that I've been making biodiesel for the past 5 years, I'm aware of the issue of quality. 275 is more than enough since I'm not going to be pulling large loads all the time. If I do put a tuner in there, it will be something like a WatchDog or ScanTune II for mileage.

Russ

Idont do injectors
Reaction score
Welcome to the Darkside. As far as injectors go.. More like $1200 to $1500 for a streetable set.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online