I.D.I IN NEED OF HELP

Logroller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well all after 3 sets of injectors and 2 new fuel pumps i still cant figure out the problem with my buddy's 7.3 n/a ,,, i have thought of everything except putting a new ip on it .. so here it goes ....

truck starts and runs fine at idle and , accelerates perfect up till 22 to 2400 rpms then starts to miss and fall on its face ,, after 2400 the miss comes out and will run like a rabid squirrel,,, so any info and help will be much appreciated ,, and on another note in between the dead spot if you ease into the throttle it will run fine until under a load ....

Logroller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
man that sucks thats not what he wanted to hear ,,, i guess i will have to let him know and he can save the money to get a new one ,,,, thnkz guys for the help

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That is how they run when the advance piston bore gets completely worn out. Some shops just put in a new piston ,the correct fix is to get it honed to the proper oversize, maximum of .012.

Freight_Train

Traitor to the brotherhood
Reaction score
well,tell him if he don't have the money now get a used one.THey can be had for around $50-100.But that is only a temporary short term fix.But there are risk of a bad replacement.It might give him a little more time to save up for a rebuilt pump.