I am an idiot

flatlander

plays dirty when losing
Reaction score
I worked both days this weekend, so I couldn't pick up my truck until just now. I figured I'd show my wife what I'd done.

When I took off it acted very strangely, like when IP gets a little funky. I figured it'd clear up.

Soon I realized something was wrong, I couldn't hold 40 mph without EGTs hitting 650 degrees, it was smoking like pulling truck, and both boost gauges were reading 0. All I could think was that this was the shortest f--ing experiment ever and my wife was going to impale me and post me out over the steet as an example.

I figured I'd limp it down the the gas station and see what the heck was wrong when it hit me. There was no way to stuff another 3" pipe or the air filter into the engine compartment, so we piped it back and up in to the front corner of the bed. To keep it dry, we wrapped a plastic sack over it. DOH!! I hopped out and checked and yes, my filter is crushed like a beer can.

Now I know.

Oh, and I was wrong about the exhaust--it is quieter but it whistles like a mo fo.

Very cool

More later.

Barney

Russ

Idont do injectors
Reaction score
:frustrate ;Poke :popcorn Sounds like you found it. :D Can't wait for pics and a non bias (seat o meter) review.

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Barney - Run it by the house Tuesday or Wednesday after work... Take me for a ride and I'll give Gary his unbiased review...

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like it's working pretty well other than a few minor quirks.

Waiting patiently-cuss :backoff
WE WANT PICS,
WE WANT PICS,
WE WANT PICS,
:fight: :bs ;Pissed -Drool

:popcorn :popcorn

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online