HyperTech Programmer

rebel_horseman

Rt. Wing Extremist
Reaction score
IMO Hypertech is crap. If you want a programmer, get an Edge Evolution or a Predator. Don't know anything about the new Superchip Hyperpak. Sniper makes a good programmer too. For the ultimate power addition get a flip chip. Before you do any of them, make sure to do the requisite gages and at the very least cut off the muffler to reduce EGTs.

I had the Evolution in my '01 Stroke and really liked the fact that you could pull any check engine codes and it actually told you what the code means. On level 1 (60hp) I never touched 1000* with a straight piped factory exhaust. Put on the 4" MBRP and couldn't hardly get up to 1100* on the 80hp setting moving a truck and trailer load of stuff from Phoenix back to LA.

HondaCowboy82

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hypertech

Well i have a 4inch Turbo Back MotoBlue Straight pipe and an S&B intake. Just wondering about the programmer b.c my buddy has one that i can get used really cheap?:thumbsup:

Russ

Idont do injectors
Reaction score
If you can get it for $50 then it might be worth it. I had one and it made very little difference.

DRLIMO

Reaction score
Please Try This

I am new to this forum. I would like to ask something of you all please. an experiment of sorts. I have worked on PSD for the past two years and have found something that I would like to test.will cost you nothing but a little diesel and a few minuites of your time. If you choose to participate in the study you will not be paid, other in a smooth running PSD. I want you to sit in your truck for 20 minutes, and exercise your injectors, your HPOP, your IPR, and your ICP. You can turn the radio up, sing along to your fav song, but try this out.

Start your truck cold, let the temp guage come up, and work the throttle of your truck. Rev it like a chainsaw or a weedeter, up and down up and down. I put a little Power Service in the tank but that is up to you. During use, the valves pistons and sensors on your truck move. They move slowly, responding to your pedal inputs. Work them out, polish the sludge off of them,heat them up a little. Up and down vary the RPM across the spectrum. accellerate from idle to governor 1500 to 2500 work that pedal out. I have been doing it to every PSD I have touched, and have yet to have an owner tell me that it didnt start better, idle smoother, and get better fuel mileage. I make no promises that this will fix your problem, but a little exercise never hurt anything. If you try this and it works for you, drop me a line and let me know. Have a good evening

HondaCowboy82

Full Access Member
Reaction score
HyperTech

Rebel Have you had one or are you just speaking on hearsay?
GRuss... What kind did you have? What kind of power increases did you get on the different stages? thanks.. If it will increase my mileage by a few (2-4) and give me about 25-30 extra ponies, it will work for me.. im not looking for hellish horsepower.. just a lil more than stock.:dunno

Russ

Idont do injectors
Reaction score
just a lil more than stock.:dunno

That's about what you'll get. I had a Hypertech III, I can't remember actual dyno numbers, but It wasn't any more than 30 hp. It's now in my dad's 97 and he's happy with the mild performance gain. I don't think there was any mpg increase. It did make the auto tranny shift a little better, but it wasn't much. IF your just looiking for a little hp, then go for it, but it is out dated programming. Kind of like buying Atari 64 computer to run Windows on it. cookoo

rebel_horseman

Rt. Wing Extremist
Reaction score
Read the signature. Used to have a '01 Stroke with the Edge Evo programmer and a bunch of other goodies. I didn't have a dyno to run the numbers, but I can tell you the 60hp setting was perfect for every day driving.

tjl

Diesel Nut
Reaction score
I had a Hypertech Power Programmer III with an intake and exhaust and I wasn't impressed with it. There was little seat of the pants gain that I could tell. I still have it if anyone wants it.

Ford02

Reaction score
HyperTech Programmer

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anybody use one of these? are they worth the money

Its worth whatever you want to pay for shipping from Illinois. My 02 f250SD came with one and I didnt see any change. I bought a DP-Tuner with 4 different programs and it ROCKS:thumbsup: If you still want a Hyper tech tuner ? Ill send you my old one if you pay shipping , just drop me a line.

cdn7.3

Reaction score
I have the hypertech III tuner. I bought it and installed the program so I know what it was like before and after. I don't know how anyone could say it didn't make a difference? It certainly didn't make the difference that I was expecting for the money I paid...but it definitely makes a significant difference on my 00 f250. There are apparently other, more powerful chips and programmers, but if you can get it cheap...it will be satisfactory

countrykid526

Reaction score
my buddy has a 7.3 and it had only a cold air intake and he got a hypertech from another buddy for free if you are looking for a little power and 1-2 mpg more the hypertech is good if you can get it for cheap

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online