hypermax turbo exhaust prob.

bgfire

Reaction score
I talked with Huff a few months ago, when I upgraded my new (too me, at least!) used Hypermax turbo to a new unit. He set me up with the proper turbine housing and a new downpipe. At the time he told me that the pulse style downpipe works pretty well, unless you run an exhaust brake. He said the exhaust brake builds enough back pressure to sometimes pop the downpipe out of the housing, and he recomended going with a v-clamp style pipe and housing if I wanted to run a brake.

I opted for the standard pop in housing and pipe like what comes in the kit. It will come out of the housing after you install it; I had to take mine out once after it was installed. It took a whole bunch of wiggling, but it came out. Huff said to make sure that the two mounting bolts that go into the mount down on the back of the head were in place or it would come out during operation.

I would make sure that the channel that the downpipe slips into in the turbine housing is cleaned out so that no carbon or soot keeps the split ring from seating, then put those bolts back in the mount. Should be good to go after that.

Bill

91f250hyper

Reaction score
i appriciate all the help. I taped it back in with a hammer and patched up the straight pipe but i dont think i got it to seal very good because the boost will build then drop of so i guess i will have to do some more work.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance