Hydroboost in a 92

pennsylvaniabo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hydroboost in a 92...Questions

Ok guys I have been looking into doing a hydroboost swap in my 92 IDI specs are in my sig. In looking at this site, my understanding is that i would only need the hydroboost lines and booster. But I would be able to reuse my pedal, master cyl, and pump?

Also how does this affect my cruise, hvac unit?

Last edited:

agp23109

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did the swap in my 92. It was really easy. Yes you can reuse your pedal, master cylinder and pump. However I would buy the super duty master cylinder. Stock mc on our trucks have an 1 1/8" bore and the super duty one has a 1 5/16" bore. That means it pushes more fluid and gives you better braking power. I reused my stock master cylinder and although the hydroboost improved the braking power I know there is more to be had. I recently bought a super duty mc which is sitting in my garage. I hope to get it on this weekend and will be better able to provide a comparison. As for the parts. I would replace your rubber brake lines as other members have had problems with them bursting since the were old and brittle and couldn't handle the added pressure. I bought all my stuff through rock auto and was able to get everything at reasonable prices. I got a brand new, not rebuilt, Ford Motorcraft hydroboost unit for a little over $200. Everything combined (all new brake lines, power steering lines, hydro unit) was under $275 shipped. The brand new mc was $70, which I just recently purchased. Not bad for new. I have heard guys on here paying close to that for junk yard units. Good luck! You won't regret the conversion.