Hydroboost help

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
Years ago I bought a hydroboost set up for my Jeep and never got around to using it. I am currently trying to put it in my truck. I could not tell you anymore what vehicle it came from. I thought I was doing well since my master cylinder fit right on and the bolt holes lined up on the cab.

The trouble comes in with the push rod. It appears to be way to long. It pushes my brake pedal up about 6 " more than the clutch pedal. If I space the hydro boost out about 2.5 inches it seems to be about right.

Do I need to make a custom spacer for my fire wall? Can I swap out the push rod. I do not immediately see how it even comes off.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

You must be registered for see images

Unit in question.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you might want to make sure the hydraulic fittings are what you need before making the pedal work. first time I've seen a two bolt hydro in some time.
if you don't have the resources out there, send me you old booster and I can get Power Brake Exchange in San Jose build you a hydro that will work.

subway

Reaction score
Thanks, I will have to read up on the link. Calvin, this build will be all custom lines anyway since I am plumbing it unto my 360.

subway

Reaction score
I am not sure I would call it a 2 bolt unit. The 4 lower bolt holes and studs line up with my 4 bolt holes that held the old booster.

ifrythings

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can get that rod out, it mite have a crimp or a retainer holding it on but they do come out with some persuasion, you could always cut and resend the shaft to the right length

subway

Reaction score
Thanks, I think I might take a run at modifying mine. If I re drill the bolt holes and make the shaft adjustable I think it might work. Otherwise my friend has a spare set up I might be able to talk him out of.

subway

Reaction score
Well I got an official F450 set up so I put that in and will keep the other as a spare or put it in my Jeep like i planned. Thanks for the help and great rebuild link.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If I recall, you need the brake pedal off the F-450 also, or you need to relocated your mounting pin.

subway

Reaction score
Thanks Mel, You are correct. I moved my pin up 3/4 of an inch and putting it back together my clutch and brake pedal are sitting even.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7