How to post pictures of our rigs

Duke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You know Don, I think you're right.....no heat shield. The stack looks good as it is.

Put the money towards something else.

Hey, BTW: We gotta get your Mack in your avatar. Maybe 95_Stroker can help you! I have no idea how it's done.:angel:

Markinter

User Registered
Reaction score
Great looking trucks guys. I like the stacks! The camper is off my truck now but I haven't photoed it yet.

Attachments

• 4900 2.jpg
    4900 2.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:

dondiesel444

Full Access Member
Reaction score
wow thats a sweet truck!! I never thought of a truck like that for a camper, those crew cabs have tons of room in them, is it an old state truck? I love the chrome bumper too.

Markinter

User Registered
Reaction score
thanks dondiesel444

I'm the 3rd owner. the original owner used it to haul a gooseneck travel trailer and ordered the truck with a liftgate to load his Harleys on the bed. The guy I bought it from mounted the camper on a platform and had toolboxes made to fit the gaps in the camper. I bought it with 103k miles on it 3 yrs ago.

Mark

Duke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
WOW!!!!

That's the most unique truck I've ever seen. :cool:

I swear, some of you guys are like artists with these rigs!!!!

I'm really glad you joined this place. It's a completely unique medium duty forum open to any brand of truck.:thanks:

dondiesel444

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what kinda tranny is in that truck, and I hope you have a dt-466 in there!!!

Markinter

User Registered
Reaction score
It has a Spicer 6+ and yes the DT466 which thanks to help from nevrnufhp on turning up the fuel its now much more fun to drive:)

I'm going to update my sig to show my setup.

Mark

Duke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mark,

How do you like the 6+1?????

I have the heavy duty Spicer 5 speed. It's plenty strong, but way too much space between gears.

I'm going to do a tranny swap this soon, I haven't already b/c I can't decide what trans to put in my truck. I've narrowed it down to an RTO6613 road ranger (expensive, but more gears) or the 6+1 (cheap, less gears). I'm trying to get an overdrive trans with more gears. My 5 speed is only 1 to 1 in 5th.

I've been told to avoid the 6+1, that it's prone to problems, but I don't know if it's true.

Any advice you can give me on the 6+1? Is it nice shifting?

Markinter

User Registered
Reaction score
It shifts easy and once its rolling you don't need the clutch. I've used it for 125k miles of the 228k total and have had no problems. Your truck is much heavier so something beefier might be the way to go. I will have to check to see what I'm taching in 6th at 70mph. The truck gets up to speed so much sooner now that I almost feel the need to shift into a higher gear. What are the 6+ trans going for?

Duke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You mean it gets up to speed sooner because you turned your pump up?? That's cool, because so does mine.

Better not visit NeverenufHP, he might expect some compensation if he gives us anymore power! :backoff

They're about $2,700 new off the shelf, which is really cheap. They put them in 4900 series dumps up to 35,000 lbs, but I've heard they don't last like Fullers.

Oh, BTW; I have 5.38 rears, so my truck's prolly geared lower than yours. You prolly have 4.78's??:confused:

dondiesel444

Full Access Member
Reaction score
wow Duke you have low gears! my IH had 4.56's what does yours top out at?

Markinter

User Registered
Reaction score
Wow

What gear do you start out in? I've hit 78mph pulling my travel trailer(wide open area in S Utah) before turning up the fuel. I bet you'd really feel the added power if you were geared differently. I was checking the original owners purchase order and it said I have 3.73 gears. I'm not sure if thats what is in it though because it also said he was ordering the Fuller 6 spd. With the power your getting I bet it doesn't feel different when it's loaded or not.

BTW I have some family up in New Castle PA, anywhere near you?

dondiesel444

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my IH would go about 69-70, but it was SCREAMING (2500-2600 RPM)

my Mack tops out at 71 MPH at 2100 RPM. the engine must be governed at 2100 b/c it just won't rev any higher, even going downhill

I'm not sure what gears the Mack has

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online

No members online now.