How to post pictures of our rigs

dondiesel444

Full Access Member
Reaction score
huy Duke thats the first time I've seen your stack, it looks great!! mine came out a little funky b/c I had to get it up and out and around the cab sheild. I'll get a pic of it so I can show you what I mean..

dondiesel444

Full Access Member
Reaction score
here's a pic of my Int'l, I miss her sometimes:(

Attachments

• truck1.jpg
    truck1.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 44

Duke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, Don!

Tell you what, that Irfanwiew software is great. I resized my photos and it really works. Piece of cake from there.

PS: I can't wait to get a cabshield on mine. It's gonna look 100% better.:love:

Sbrem

Reaction score
Duke, that is a great looking truck you have. The 4 wheel drives Internationals are so unusual around here. Don, yours is great looking too. Was that always a dump or did a power company have it as a bucket truck bofore. The orange and white colors are what the power company here has.

Stephen

Truckie

Reaction score
Hey Duke nice looking rig there, DD444 that is also a good looking rig you got there, Iv never seen a color scheme like that. ;Sweet :thumbsup:

Mike

Last edited:

dondiesel444

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I actually sold that Int'l a few months back. it was originally a box truck, the guy I bought it from shortened the frame and put the dump on it. he also painted it orange, it was like a teal green color, like a Perriair (sp?) water delivery truck originally (YUK). it took me a long time to get used to the orange paint, I finally accepted it right before I sold it!!

thats why I'm looking for a cool color to paint my new Mack, I didn't have a choice with the Int'l but I'm gonna paint the Mack something I want!

Duke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don,

What color is the interior sheetmetal of your Mack? White?

It's wierd, my 4800 is white on the outside, but the interior sheetmetal has been repainted olive drab, inside:puke:

One of my buddies suggested that the interior may have been painted a dark color since it was used in a phosphate mining operation to cut down on glare? :confused:

I'd doubt it's true, but they really screwed up the looks inside the cab. I'd like to go back to painting the inside white again.

Anyways, why not paint the cab white, and put some black accents and your business name on the doors in black? Then add some chrome. Ooops, there I go again!!!!:sorry: :D

Duke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guys,

Thanks for the compliments. I have some really cool pictures of it wallowing through mud while we were dumping fill in a swamp, and I lost them!-cuss -cuss -cuss

Don,

Do you think it looks OK without a heat shield around the stack?

I can't wait to get the front flotation tires & Alcoas on it!:love:

Attachments

• my pictures0001.jpg
    my pictures0001.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 34

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Holy cow Duke, I just realized that puppy is a 4x4. Guess I never paid attention to your sig before until I saw that front diff hanging down there.

Duke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
She's got a Fabco 12,000lb front drive axle.

The really cool thing is that it's all "air" switched. To put the truck in 4x4, you flip a switch and it engages the front axle. It's just like an "ARB" front axle, except much bigger. There's none of that sloppy front linkage you find in older trucks.

The hi range/low range transfer case is the same way, it's air switched, too.

I used to have an '79 IH 1700 4x4. great truck, but there were 3 levers on the floor for the 4x4 system, they were always in the way, and they'd frequently need adjusting to ensure engagement.

Truckie

Reaction score
Duke I would leave it the way it is without the heat shield, IMO if you did put a heat shield on it would take away from the look, unless you put the kind on that is a solid piece. The louvered ones would not due justice to the look of the truck.

Mike

Duke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So the solid one would look best? I can get that kind.

I don't like ones with the holes too much.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online