How To Injector Rebuild?

HammerDown

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yup, I've seen the warnings. I myself have no prior dealings with them but if I do, it will be in buying new parts to rebuild my stuff.

I'm sure you've read some of my prior posts about them :backoff...however, I would purchase *new* injectors from them again. Just have them pop-tested, I did it myself. Mine were fine.
For a rebuilt IP I would NEVER use/trust anyone but Mel :hail
I just feel warm and fuzzy knowing my 7.3 has a Baby Moose in it! :love:

Last edited:

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks.

I'm really just trying to get back to factory specs. And, do it in the least costly way possible.

Pensacola Diesel, on ebay, sells rebuilt injectors for $108 shipped. If I find a source for nozzles, it's got to be less than that for 8 of them with new o rings and crush washers.

The nozzles cost as much as what I am selling injectors for. Unless you find some offshore ones that the tips break off of. And pensacolas rebuilds have a poor performance record.
But if it is all about dollars just prepare to spend it twice.:eek:

Hammerdown, that is the reason I use my pump guy also, I have been dealing with the same shop for 25 years and they do it right, now if I could get them to really tweak one up.

TestDriver

Reaction score
The nozzles cost as much as what I am selling injectors for. Unless you find some offshore ones that the tips break off of. And pensacolas rebuilds have a poor performance record.
But if it is all about dollars just prepare to spend it twice.:eek:

Hammerdown, that is the reason I use my pump guy also, I have been dealing with the same shop for 25 years and they do it right, now if I could get them to really tweak one up.

It's not all about dollars. However, it is mostly about dollars. It it weren't, I would not be burning free fuel now;) For me, some of it is about learning and if I learn how to take another middleman out of my expenses, all the best.

There is also the question of performance. Not added performance but expected performance. I keep seeing posts about pop testing to ensure standard output between injectors. If I buy injectors and merely bolt them in, I won't know. If I buy pop tested injectors, that's more added value that I'd be paying for which I could do myself. If I buy injectors, test, rebuild to spec, test then bolt-on, I'll already be at the same point as if I just rebuilt myself.

You might be right about the nozzles. I'm having a hard time finding them for less than a set of unknown, rebuilt injectors. If I do find them, they may be chineesium. Maybe, after 4 decades of stealing designs and building copies, they've figured it out.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The cost of nozzles is the reason we base Moose Misters on a new injector. The price difference just isn't worth it.

TestDriver

Reaction score
Well, I've got nozzles on order. Once I factor in installation parts, I'll have as much money into it as buying a cheap set of rebuilt injectors. It's now just a learning exercise. The only way I'd come out ahead is if I manage to get the injectors balanced to less than 2% variance.

I'll post when I get done though it won't be soon. There's too many other projects in progress at the moment.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadScientist