How much would it cost to build my dream idi

linkfarms

IDI Addiction
Reaction score
I can't thank you guys enough for the info on this site. I'm reading everyday on here. I've drove the diesel home and around the block a few times but haven't gotten around to getting it plated yet been so busy and it needs glow plugs to reliable. I've been driving mainly 92 f-350 351w 5sp running on propane. When I plan on towing the backhoe or moving it would only be 20 miles top's on backroads. I'm out in very very flat land here in Indiana also. I'm not gonna to be trying to buy backhoe for awhile i'm still working to get pasture land rented out, then i'll need backhoe. This is a good truck that with new glow plugs will be reliable but it's got over 800k new motor a few years ago my friend said. My goal is a turn key and drive truck that gets over 14mpg has power to do what I need done has lights to see what i'm working on, run good look good and be reliable and last me for a long time. I just spent around $4,500 this winter on my race bike and since then with anything used i just wanna make sure i know every inch about it and make sure it's as good as new. I bought my race bike as race ready for $1,400 after putting $4,500 into it i truly know what race ready is.

linkfarms

IDI Addiction
Reaction score
As far as cost on stuff, I figure there's little stuff i can't do. I should be able to rebuild motor top and bottom add turbo and such. I've built many race bike motor's which i'd say are way more complex than the truck is. Seals bearings anything like that I can replace the only things i can't do i can think of are align truck and paint it. My freind has a full auto shop at his house if i can't do anything he can and don't charge me anything if i help him do the work.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance