How much is an E4OD worth?

Highridge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking around $100? I've got a 4x4 e4od out of my truck that blew the converter so it probably isnt worth much. I was saving it as a backup for my truck but I figure if I kill this trans I'll just swap a 5 speed in it so I'd like to get something for this thing.

sootman73

Reaction score
its prob worth more than that actually. just put it on ebay and start it at a dollar with no reserve. tell them whats wrong with it and see where it goes...

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
trades????????i have some ford parts and get my hands on more.i need a core tranny so i can take the one out of my 95 and make a good 1 out of 2.whats wrong besides the converter since i dont need a converter.

Highridge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well the converter was rattling when I took it out so theres probably peices of it in the tranny and it was starting to slip too. I havent seen too many 4x4 e4od's for our engines on craiglist mostly 2wds.

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd love me a 4x4 E4OD, even if I don't have the front axle to use it properly (2wd truck) I can still run a transfer case for the nice low range gears I sometimes need... But I ain't tearing apart my good 2wd E4OD to swap internals, cause that's a recipe for disaster. Rich's truck is a 2wd too, but chances are sometimes he needs a low range too (such as when backing up that 5th wheel) - trade parts with him, then if you can't use his parts put them up on CL or ebay...

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well the converter was rattling when I took it out so theres probably peices of it in the tranny and it was starting to slip too. I havent seen too many 4x4 e4od's for our engines on craiglist mostly 2wds.

no good to me if it was slipping.ive been hoping to fing a cheap tranny so i can the junk one from the 95 and the cheapy one and make a good tranny so i could atleast have the truck mobile again.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online