how much antifreeze do I need?

turbo elk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The top of my radiator sprung a leak in Clatskanie Or. and all my books are back at home in Vancover wa..... sooooo how much antifreeze do I need? How much fluid capacity does it have?
And is the extended life antifreeze that NAPA sells a good product? (it's the stuff for cat, international....ect. already has the sca's in it)
Or should I use the regular yellow/green antifreeze and add the NAPA cool to it.
I'm not gonna ask if the NAPA radiators are any good cuz I don't think I have a choice at this time.

turbo elk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The stuff I looked at was 14+ a gallon and was "extended life" and needed to be diluted.
My radiator will be hear in the morning.

lotzagoodstuff

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Must have been a bad leak: Clatskanie isn't that far from The Couve, mostly downhill I remember :D

The general consensus is that it should hold about 8 gallons total, but if you don't get everything out of the block drains, you'll only add 6-7 gallons after a flush. One thing to keep in mind is that some of the newer coolants are not reverse compatible, so keep that in mind if you can't flush all the old stuff out.

turbo elk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Riot.
Yeah Lotza, the only "hills" are the Rainier hill in the one between Delena and Clatskanie.
The radiator started spewing just before the down hill run into Clatskanie, luckily for me my father in law was at the campground we are staying at in Ilwaco and came out to pull my 5er the rest of the way. I owe him big time.
And those "hills" are steep just not that long.

turbo elk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the help guys. ...just one last thing can anyone tell me how much SCA'S the whole system needs if it's dry?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tyler9828