How do I turn down my idle rpm?

Skinny Lennie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi guys hope all is well! I recently put a new ip on my 94 idit. Lined up the marks and it runs fine just working bugs out. My idle rpm is a steady 1000 I figure that’s high because my 93 NA idles around 700rpm. I’m sure it’s not a huge thing but wanted to make sure before I went to turning screws. Thanks!

Cubey

Van dweller
Reaction score
There is a screw that the throttle rests against. On yours, there might only be one since you probably lack a C6/kickdown cable linkage with it's own adjustment screw.

Selahdoor

How can I help you, or make you laugh, today?
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Back this screw out a bit.

You must be registered for see images attach

dgr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Before touching any screws on the IP make sure the high idle solenoid isn’t on or pushed too far ahead holding the throttle up.
That's the thing in the above pic all the way left. Looks like the head of a bolt on a shaft. There should be a gap there when the engine is warmed up.

notenuftime

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When your high idle sensor goes bad it holds the arm wide open all the time. If don't feel like replacing your sensor if that's the case just disconnect from the IP. I did this when mine went, a new one was to expensive and my truck warms up fine with out it.