How do I remove a stuck copper injector seal??

ferrellmedia

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We have removed 7 of the 8 injectors and the copper washers either came out with the injectors or were easily retrieved.

We have one cylinder where the copper washer looks to have been "crushed" a bit more than the others and it does not want to come out.

We have tried a piece of clothes hanger with a small hook on th end, have tried a flat tip screw driver to loosen without luck.

Is there a trick to getting these out?

If worse comes to worse, can I use a seat reamer?

If so, where do I get one?

Any assistance/direction would be appreciated.

suv7734

Reaction score
Find a slotted screwdriver that just statrs to fit into the hole. Take a hammer and give the screwdriver a good hit to drive it into the hole/washer. Usually the washer will just come right out with the screwdriver, if not give it a twist. Repat if necessary. Check the seat to make sure it's clean before installing the new one. If it's really full of crud there is a seat reamer available.

ferrellmedia

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Injector hole is clean of crud, no carbon build up, copper washer just looks to be "squashed" so hard it looks to have run up the walls a bit as it was crushed and now it's stuck.

I've tried the screwdriver method mentioned above for an hour or so with WD-40 without luck. Really concerned about the damage done to the seat vs the effort needed to get the washer out.

thought there may be a tool or something.

Also tried a clothes hanger with a hook to catch under the rim and that also didn't work, it's like it's welded in there.

Heat with a torch is next unless I hear that this is a bad idea....

fury9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Injector hole is clean of crud, no carbon build up, copper washer just looks to be "squashed" so hard it looks to have run up the walls a bit as it was crushed and now it's stuck.

I've tried the screwdriver method mentioned above for an hour or so with WD-40 without luck. Really concerned about the damage done to the seat vs the effort needed to get the washer out.

thought there may be a tool or something.

Also tried a clothes hanger with a hook to catch under the rim and that also didn't work, it's like it's welded in there.

Heat with a torch is next unless I hear that this is a bad idea....
there is a tool T83T-9527-A but it aint cheap, ebay has em sometimes but sounds like you need one now

ferrellmedia

Full Access Member
Reaction score
got it out, took a narrow wood chisel and was able to cut the copper washer and take it out in pieces.

ended up with a couple small cuts in the injector seat, not sure how big an issue this is going to end up being.

coated the copper washers with copper coat spray prior to installing the injectors, hopefully this will seal.

any experience out there with this?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle