How do I look for a specific truck I want to buy?

Reaction score
I know this sounds like a very trivial question, but I have my reasons for asking. When I get hired we plan on buying a very specific earlier body style Ford. Going through the local paper is one thing. But When I search for a specific models I always have issues on the internet. Most of the time a lot of the sites does not even go far enough back. It is a real damn annoyance. I know the truck we want will be somewhat tough to locate and will most likely be a long process. So I know I will have to look in other states at some point. What are tricks you all use when you are on the truck hunt? How do you locate older trucks that are too old for the bigger sites to list? I only want to go back to 92 through 94, apparently that is too old.

VanBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This may or may not be good advice.....

Sometimes, there are car specialty dealers that will search for what you what... EXACTLY what you want. A friend wanted a Dodge 5.9TD, manual, 4x4, extended cab in grey... SHORT box. They were made, but not many. Guess what, guy found it at an auction, called him up if he still wanted that.... he's still driving it. That is one idea.

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
Reaction score
I did not know they could send me an email about trucks I am interested in. Thanks, that is one resource. Now I need a few more.

Reaction score
I like the idea. But the truck I am looking for I would htink is considered low end. The fees might out weigh the cost. But it sure would be nice for some one esle to send the time.