1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How Do I hide the programer??????

Discussion in '6.7L 3rd Gen Cummins' started by BLACK BETTY '01, Jul 25, 2007.

1. BLACK BETTY '01

BLACK BETTY '01 Registered User

I have a friend who just bought the 6.7 and an Edge Juice w/Attitude. We want to install the Attitude guage so when he takes it in for warranty work the stealership wont know that it's there. We know that the juice has to be unplugged, just don't know how to install the attitude so that it can be uninstalled with no signs that it was there. :dunno :confused:

2. rubberfish

rubberfish Registered User

What were you going to do about the pyro probe? :popcorn

3. BLACK BETTY '01

BLACK BETTY '01 Registered User

We were going to run an EGT Gauge to cover the pyro probe. Do you know of any that will mate up with the Edge probe?? I just heard that stealerships were now look at the dash for velcro and sticky spots that were used to mount programmers before honoring the warranty. We were looking for a way around that stuff.

4. tonkadoctor

tonkadoctor Full Access Member

Voiding warrenty because of velcro is:bsand will never hold up. People use it for CB radios, radar detectors, compasses GPS fuzzy toys etc......

They'll have to look harder than that.

5. argve

argve Resident Fruitcake Staff Member

as Tonka said they can't void your warranty for velcro they can however void your warranty if they see others signs of performance mods but velcro no... I know from talking with my nephew who is a tech at a dodge dealer he said that most of the guys in his shop will let it just go and tell the owner in confidence that they need remember to remove it before bringing it in next time, but he said that if sees injectors or something major like that he kills the warranty but programmers they normally let go. But he said that it's really up to the tech that you get, he is the one that makes the call - he can be overriden by his service manager (the guy that checks you in) but typically they don't pay any attention.

6. rubberfish

rubberfish Registered User

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:
    If my Oilburners.net sticker voids my warranty
    you guys are gonna be in big shit. :backoff :rotflmao

What's the dealer going to think of next? LOL

Why don't they just take responsibility
    and fix the garbage that they're producing. ;Really

7. ats85

ats85 Registered User

It depends what you go in for, if your going in for something stupid they could give a shit, if your coming in for your third tranny because you put an extra 200hp in front of it, then your tech is gonna rat you out.

8. 92F350CC

92F350CC Ford Man

the phrase you pay to play comes to mind..........

If you add a tuner and it blows your heads off, who's fault is it? Dodge's or yours? I couldn't sleep at night knowing that i had willingly cheated somebody, even the big evil capitalist corporations.

9. 2manydsls

2manydsls Registered User

I would think the manufacturer of the HP boost device should assume any breakage responsibility. I was watching an episode of Trucks, and they were demonstrating a 4 or 5 stage programmer. They said if you wanted an extra stage, call the manufacturer and if you signed a waiver, they would provide you with the needed software. I assume the waiver was to relieve them of responsibility if engine self destructed.:dunno
    Ross

10. MMeier

MMeier Registered User

Thats almost funny right there!!! :rotflmao

11. 02silversingle

02silversingle Registered User

thats almost as bad as buying a hot coffee and suing because your clumsy and spilled it on yourself.....!! Not the coffee maker/sellers fault you bought it!!

12. 65sixbanger

65sixbanger Full Access Member

Well the only way to completley remove all signs of a chip, is to flash your computer. They can look through the history of your computer on your truck with their electronics.

13. Freight_Train

Freight_Train Traitor to the brotherhood

yea,dealerships don't bother to look for tell tell signs of a programer or gauges.The computer logs everything and all they gotta do is hook it up(which they do for any and all warrentee work) and it will tell them when it was modifed.If you pull the old program out on the tuner and then reload it later,your warrentee is still void.The computer tells that.Look at files on your computer.It tells when the last time a file was modified.Same with your ECM/ECU.

14. KFinn

KFinn Registered User

Does this not apply to all programmers / Trucks?????

15. argve

argve Resident Fruitcake Staff Member

from my understanding yes it does apply to all vehicles and warranty but.... you must be willing to fight it in court and lets be honest the lawyers that vehicle manufacturers employ are much more versed on the loop holes in the law than your local ambulance chasers. And they will tie it up in court and exhaust your funds long before you can win. Is it right not but lets be honest that is what would happen. In my opinion if you have a warranty just leave it stock until the warranty period is over with. at least that is what I would do.