How Could This Fit Our Trucks

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-6-9-6-...Parts_Accessories&hash=item461f069e00&vxp=mtr
I found this and wondered what it takes to make it fit our engines. I'm guessing the diameter of the fan will need to be cut down but... See the 4 bolt flange to the water pump. Why can't we buy a water pump for a big rig dump type rig and just bolt it to our engines. They have the same bolt pattern. Might be an idea to look into.

pickupman

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just wondering, why would someone want to do that? It seems like a fan like that would be even more noisy than the normal fan.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
These fans are designed to pull more air thru the large dump truck like the s1600. I was thinking we could adapt them to work on our engines in hopes of pulling more air thru the radiators and intercoolers. One ca never have too much air going thru the radiators. Now the water pump might have bigger and better shaft bearings but it sure will bolt to the engine nicely in our trucks. The spin the same direction too. The psd fans spin the other direction. I already tried to modify one of those many years ago. I even bought a pad exhaust manifold but it was not going to fit but one cylinder. It got worse off center the farther yu moved back. Now if only 2 cylinders matched up I was going to be golden but nope.. Not close.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
I see. May be worth it.
I noticed my psd fan clutch doesn't have that thermatic spring thing on the front. Feels like a rectangular plate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk