Houston - HAPS at Jack Roach Ford Feb.7th with Fords Promotional PSD

racingwebster

Reaction score
HAPS / Jack Roach Ford and Ford's promotional PSD truck touring the nation.
This PSD promotional truck will be in Houston for about 10 days early in February at a number of Ford dealerships. Jack Roach for will have the truck and display on Saturday, February 7th and has invited HAPS to participate in promoting the Ford Power Stroke. Everyone is invited to participate and show off their truck. They want to see as many HAPS Trucks and types of trucks including totally stock trucks.

Come and check out the Touring F-350 PSD and its 35ft. enclosed trailer displaying Ford Parts and the cutaway of the new 6.0L motor.

HAPS will have our display and have a BBQ pit in use. DO come hungry. Bring your own drinks and chairs and hope for good weather.

Where:
Jack Roach Ford
6445 Southwest Freeway
Houston, TX 77074
281-588-5000

When:
Saturday, February 7th
10 AM - 4 PM

Directions:
From Downtown Houston, Take 59 (Southwest Freeway) south. About a mile past West Loop 610, take the Hillcroft exit. At the first light make the U-turn under the freeway. Jack Roach is on the service road.

From the 59 (Southwest Freeway) & Beltway 8 area, take 59 north toward downtown. Exit the Hillcroft exit and Jack Roach will be located on the service road after the Hillcroft light.

March 13th
Shooters Station (an indoor shooting range in Conroe)
Ben Young (936-588-3333), owner of Shooters Station has invited HAPS for a day on the indoor shooting range. Shooters Stations has a complete line of new and used pistols and riffles as well as service for most any weapons.

April
Drag Race / BBQ

April 30th - May 2nd
5th Annual Power Stroke Rally at Lake Texoma. This rally is put on by NTxPSA ( www.northtexaspowerstrokes.com ). It will have vendors, a show & shine and an unbelievable amount of crawfish and BBQ. Visit NTxPSA web page for the latest information on reservations, directions, etc.

May 8th
The Month of May (MOM) will be dedicated to the MOMS of HAPS.
Last year being at Kemah was such a success we plan on going back. With all the restaurants, shops, boat ride, train ride, etc., there is plenty to keep a family busy.

June 12th
HAPS camping and BBQ at Mark Weber's Parents (Calvin & Joyce) private lake and campgrounds in Needville. There is plenty of space for a number of trailers. The 1-acre private lake has been died in color to look like a pool. With a sand bottom, a beach area and docks, the lake can be used for swimming or fishing or both. This can be either a 1 day, 2 day or a 3 day event for everyone.
There is also an Air Conditioned Pond House / Kitchen if you need get out of the heat. The property also has lots of trees. There are a number of pictures posted on the HAPS web page ( www.houstonareapowerstrokes.com ) in the Gallery Section. Look for last years June 28th Family BBQ event.

July 10th
Lake Somerville Camping/BBQ. Like last year HAPS will rent the pavilion for the day. When this event gets closer, I'll post reservation and space info. HAPS will also invite the CTFD's from Austin and the NTxPSA from Dallas / Fort Worth.

August 4th - 8th
This summer is the 10th anniversary of the Power Stroke Diesel and International is planning a special event. Like the past few years, International has sponsored the Power Stroke Diesel 200 Nascar Craftman Truck Race in Indianapolis. This will be three days of Diesel Runs, tailgating, Craftman Truck Race, Show & Shine, Kentucky Truck Engine Plant tour, Dyno runs and PSD owners meeting other PSD owners from all over the nation. Much of the weekend is free, with BBQ's and race tickets included. Meet Terry Cook, the driver of the Power Stroke sponsored race truck. Also there will be a raffle with the grand prize being a 2005 PSD Super Duty.
There are campsites on the race track property that will be for rent just for the PSD owners. FOKISD club is involved with setting up the entire weekend and will have vendors present on Saturday.

HAPS plans on convoying to Indy for this event.

August 14th
BBQ at the new home of Jeremy Srinivasan. Ana and Jeremy have invited HAPS for an afternoon BBQ and Family day.

September 11th
Truck Show & Shine at PickUps Plus in Katy. We had 60 & 70 trucks show up each of the two years HAPS has put on a show & shine and it rained both years. This year there will be trophies , classes and food . This will be an evening event.

Also, September there are a number of car / truck shows around Houston that a number of the HAPS trucks will enter.

October 9th
A day at Diesel Performance City.com. A new diesel performance shop in north Houston near Beltway 8 & Hwy. 59.

November
TBD

December 11th
HAPS Christmas party.

CHarlan

Reaction score
Hey Brad... Still looking forward to the June Campout!!! I am trying to get my head gasket done, and get it all rolling before Feb 7th.. Major Pain in the Ass!!!! Is that Ford show truck coming to San Antonio by chance??? Just curious.

racingwebster

Reaction score
Chris
I would think that the Promotional Ford PSD will be in S.A. soon. I'm sure its touring Texas early this year.
I hope to see you at HAPS June and July events. Both will be a great time. I'm looking forward to seeing you again.

racingwebster

Reaction score
The final truck count for the day was 35-40, and with all the attention HAPS was getting, I'd guess 100+ people.
Three HAPS windshield banner were installed, thanks to Mark T. and Ryan for doing the work.
Thanks to Jack Roach Ford (Peblo Cantu) and Mike Hunsucker with Blue Diamond Parts for inviting HAPS to there PSD event. Mike Hunsucker made sure I meant with all the regional Ford guys. They are very impressed with HAPS and want to get involved with HAPS and want to know what they can do to be involved with HAPS. HAPS is headed in the right direction. It obvious with the attendance the last 6-8 months and the involvement Ford want with HAPS.
Now on to HAPS March event at Shooters Station in Conroe. But don’t forget about HAPS partipation in Torque & Chrome Car/Truck show in Katy on Feb. 14th.

The pictures will be posted on the HAPS WEBPAGE in a few days.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online

No members online now.