Hood insulation

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m poking around finishing some stuff up on the truck and one thing I’d really like to do is cut a few more decibels off if I can. It’s not horrible but after a couple hours it can get to you. First rally trip I didn’t even have the radio to drown it out at all. LOL

I never put the hood insulation in the new hood. What I had was in okay shape at best. Rob @F350camper did an excellent work up on his ranger as he added sound deadener taking measurements along the way. Just wondering if anyone has done that for the full size trucks?

New hood pads are available but not super cheap so I’m thinking return on investment here.

Also if anyone knows where to get the rubber bits that were glued on top of the doors, I’m assuming that might help my wind noise situation. I put new door seals in but the pieces along the top of the door were roached so I didn’t put them back. I don’t remember lmc having them.

Thanks!

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've been considering something like dynamat.

I am waiting for @saburai to get back stateside and get a few more months of use out of his firewall insulation. I'm interested to see how it holds up for him.

Jason1377

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ive been happy with this as a replacement for the factory setups
You must be registered for see images attach

Excuse my novice approach what's the company name of the product and I did you use one box since it says 12 sqft. Curious for the measurements I will be looking for insulation for my truck as well.

WisconsinIDI

Reaction score
I’m poking around finishing some stuff up on the truck and one thing I’d really like to do is cut a few more decibels off if I can. It’s not horrible but after a couple hours it can get to you. First rally trip I didn’t even have the radio to drown it out at all. LOL

I never put the hood insulation in the new hood. What I had was in okay shape at best. Rob @F350camper did an excellent work up on his ranger as he added sound deadener taking measurements along the way. Just wondering if anyone has done that for the full size trucks?

New hood pads are available but not super cheap so I’m thinking return on investment here.

Also if anyone knows where to get the rubber bits that were glued on top of the doors, I’m assuming that might help my wind noise situation. I put new door seals in but the pieces along the top of the door were roached so I didn’t put them back. I don’t remember lmc having them.

Thanks!
I got lucky and found a good used hood liner for mine. I have also used the hoodliner material wespaul mentioned. As far as that weatherstrip piece you need, Bronco Graveyard seemed to have the best price on them and had them in stock. I just ordered all the weatherstrip for mine from there.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

saburai

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've been considering something like dynamat.

I am waiting for @saburai to get back stateside and get a few more months of use out of his firewall insulation. I'm interested to see how it holds up for him.
I won't be back to NY until the end of June, but I'll be putting down the miles then...

catbird7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought the "kit" from LMC which also includes a black plastic / pvc cover for the entire underside of the hood. Nice "finished" appearance. I'll have to take a picture of it. Excellent fit, and the kit came with everything to do the job. I also just recently purchased new seals for the top of my doors from Dennis Carpenter (note they have much lower shipping cost as compared with LMC). Price was between $30.00 & $40.00 for both seals. Haven't installed yet.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I bought the "kit" from LMC which also includes a black plastic / pvc cover for the entire underside of the hood. Nice "finished" appearance. I'll have to take a picture of it. Excellent fit, and the kit came with everything to do the job. I also just recently purchased new seals for the top of my doors from Dennis Carpenter (note they have much lower shipping cost as compared with LMC). Price was between $30.00 & $40.00 for both seals. Haven't installed yet.
Yes pictures please if you get a moment.

catbird7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Coupla pics, haven't had time to clean since hunting season, in fact truck hasn't moved since end of Nov. Anyway, here's a few pics of the under hood cover / insulation + top of door seals.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Coupla pics, haven't had time to clean since hunting season, in fact truck hasn't moved since end of Nov. Anyway, here's a few pics of the under hood cover / insulation + top of door seals.
Thanks for the PN! I couldn’t find it on their site last night.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freqencyheight

Members online