holy jackpot!

jwalterus

Made in America
Reaction score
drove by a junkyard tonight on my way home, went a different route and went behind it instead of in front of it, going about 10 because it was icy as all get out, and guess what I saw.......

:love::love::love:8 IDI's lined up on the fence! good bodies on a couple, look to be complete trucks! (no crewcab dually or I would be waiting there when he opens at 8 am)

I KNOW this guy didn't have a hand in the C4C crap either, so they will be good, more information tomorrow after I check them out

any suggestions for hard-to-find parts to snag? :dunno

19jackal90

Full Access Member
Reaction score
a console with no miles LOL
any 350s?:sly lookin for dana 60 fronts for cheap with steering box and linkages.:sly

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If they are 87 and later, grab the glow plug controllers and harnesses if you can. Depending on how you are inclined you could really help somebody out in a pinch or make some good cash just by having them on hand and lurking here. The turbos, aux transmissions(GV, DNE2, US Gear, Brownie, Ranger whatever) are all great but expensive parts to own but you can make good use of them or sell them for a profit easily if they are good. Tach sensors are great if they work, might or might not be any good though.

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
Good IP's, a steering column or two is handy to have sitting around, spare injectors, gauge sending units (oil pressure, temperature, etc) and any and all small parts that are expensive, you should grab!

A couple of those auto shifter handles with the OD light would be nice to grab and sell, those are EXPENSIVE to buy new in my area!

sassyrel

Reaction score
just ask him if he will give you a bargain on the whole row of idi's:rotflmao:rotflmao:rotflmao

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
Oil coolers seem to be a premium. A cruise steering wheel/column for a manual would be good for me. A nice grey 40-20-40 front seat also. RABS sensors can be cleaned up and put on shelf for a spare. Vaccuum pumps, whole serpentine systems. You could strike a deal with the guy and pull stuff as OB guys need it. Of course you take the chance of offending a few by making a buck by providing a service, but its just an idea

jwalterus

Made in America
Reaction score
just ask him if he will give you a bargain on the whole row of idi's:rotflmao:rotflmao:rotflmao

did :D I just have to wait until it thaws for him to get them, they are stuck behind a couple rows of cars buried under a few feet of snow and ice

3 complete trucks:

89 350 reg cab dually (running, but huge clouds of black smoke) good interior 4x auto
85 250 extended (cranks, no start) good interior 4x 4spd
93 350 extended (siezed) 4x 5 spd

2 no engines:

87 350 extended dually good interior 2wd auto
90 250 regular srw 2wd 5spd

bad body and missing parts

89 250 extended (like new interior) turned into a minitruck from the rear 2wd auto
93 350 CC srw (junk all around but has engine, no trans, divorced t-case and GV) was manual

the wife is PISSED because she knows I'll be spending a week or 3 stripping the trucks that are junk to the frames:dunno

you don't even want to know what I got them for, I would then be called a thief!:rotflmao:rotflmao:rotflmao:rotflmao

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
WOW!!!! That's cool. Guess you either have no neighbors or better ones than I. GV alone was a score. Keep us posted as to what parts your're gonna sell and if you will ship.

jwalterus

Made in America
Reaction score
yeah, I have a friends farm where I can store them as I work on getting one or two done at a time, other than that it's a case of working outside in my yard to pull everything apart

I figure the way I'll do it is strip down what's useable this summer, get my own truck's problems fixed (hopefully), and then see what's left

I still am laughing at what the junkyard owner said to me: "What, those old pre-powerstroke fords? Nobody wants those things, they've been here forever, I'll sell em all real cheap...."

CDX825

filtration nut
Reaction score
Nobody wants them.......Right then Ill just get them and get them out of the way for ya:slyLOL