Holy Crap! Check Out This Blast From The Past!!!!

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I wish my brown truck at less than 90k looked that nice! I dont know of any of our trucks of that vintage with that bright of gauge panel!

Diezel_Cowboy

It's not like a real ***!
Reaction score
That is a beautiful old truck!

Were power windows/door locks even available in 84??? Also was a black interior available??? I have never seen an 80's style dash that was black.:dunno This guy is saying all original though.:dunno

Mr_Roboto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
30 grand? You can buy a new one for that...

I never understood the concept of "saving" regular vehicles. It's not like it's a 'Vette or early Mustang.

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Were power windows/door locks even available in 84??? Also was a black interior available??? I have never seen an 80's style dash that was black.:dunno This guy is saying all original though.:dunno
Yes, power locks and windows were available. I'm surprised they were on an XL, though. My '84 (which was built 3 months before that rig was) is an XLT with factory power locks and windows.

Re: the black interior, I know it was an option on '80-'86 trucks, but it's not common...

suv7734

Reaction score

WildWest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i was skeptical at the 5400 original miles look at how greasy the intake is when i put a new alum intake on a motor it takes 10-20k to get nasty looking like that.

And why take a low mileage truck and put an alum intake and aftermarket carb

GenLightening

Yeah, it's a CHEVY!
Reaction score
And why take a low mileage truck and put an alum intake and aftermarket carb

No one is reading the fine print. The original owner worked at the Ford plant and added options that normally wouldn't be installed. And this is the "original" engine that was installed. He bought the 1970 engine and sat on it until he decided to put it in this truck. So it never really had any other engine. Or so they claim!

WildWest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah or so he says im still skeptical you think someone that worked at a ford plant could install an intake without it leaking oil

And that horrible fuel line going to feed the carb .

I think this is a restoration that the guy who sold it to him told him a fish story.

Nice truck dont get me wrong but for 30k id build 6 just like it.

GenLightening

Yeah, it's a CHEVY!
Reaction score
you think someone that worked at a ford plant could install an intake without it leaking oil? Nice truck dont get me wrong but for 30k id build 6 just like it.

You should know better than to ask a Chevy guy that!LOL I would never spend that much on 20 year old vehicle. I wonder how much the 6 offers were for that he declined?