New from Southern California

mattafact

Reaction score
I just bought my father in law's 1990 F-250 Regular Cab 4x4 with an IDI with a Banks Sidewinder on it. He drove it for quite a few years until his daughter put gas in it which obviously stopped it from running. He drained the gas but it still wouldn't start. Took it to a local diesel shop with a mediocre reputation and was told it needed an injection pump. It's a nice, clean stock truck so I'd like to get it running ASAP.

I'm going to go through the tech articles and see if that shop missed anything when troubleshooting. The ODO shows 6k miles but I have no idea if it's 106 or 206 or?

Cant Write

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome, sorry about the gas in diesel, but I’m pretty sure old diesels are more tolerant of that mistake then the other way around or a newer diesel.

Pedal assembly, arm rests, seat, steering wheel, touched items may give you an idea of mileage. Does you FIL not know?

You are in good hands here, and I am not one of them, a novice rookie myself.

Clb

Another old truck
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hook up a good battery charger, top up batteries then ,
Crack the injection lines a few at a time And crank for 10 ish seconds ( not to long or your gunna kill a starter) And thoroughly flush out the ip and lines till all 8 are purged.
Then
Top up the batteries, hot the glows x3 times in a row back to back and fire it up.

Eta
Fill in the rigs status in yer sig line, helps us know what the truck is.

Last edited:

mattafact

Reaction score
Hook up a good battery charger, top up batteries then ,
Crack the injection lines a few at a time And crank for 10 ish seconds ( not to long or your gunna kill a starter) And thoroughly flush out the ip and lines till all 8 are purged.
Then
Top up the batteries, hot the glows x3 times in a row back to back and fire it up.

Eta
Fill in the rigs status in yer sig line, helps us know what the truck is.
I'm going to give that a try. Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
madmustang1965

Members online