Holley Hydramat

dunk

Dunce
Reaction score
Looks like magic. Pretty slick, but is it really any better than running open hard line to bottom of tank and using an external filter inline?

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
it's all fine and dandy until it becomes plugged up and you need to replace it lol.i'll keep my system that's been working fine for the last 20 years now and just repair what brakes as needed.;)

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Well I'm going to buy one if it comes out for diesel. Don't see why it wont work for diesel but am going to be watching for it on the market. Very interesting idea and makes me wonder how it works..

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Interesting.
I've been trying to tell people about another pick up fix (also seen on pirate awhile ago) but no one listens. Lol
Walbro mp12.

Sent from my SM-T537R4 using Tapatalk

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't think the thing IS a filter..... I think they guy was just comparing it to a filter sock like is used on most in-tank pumps nowadays...... He was not a Holley rep, just someone that was going through the show and thought it was a slick idea. I like the looks of it. One application I could see that it would be nice in..... would be hard to adapt, but on my IH Cub Cadets, they are a bottom tapped, gravity feed gas tank. So that is the issue I see in making it work. But, the tank pickup is on the far left side of the tank, centered front to back, on the left edge. If you have the tractor off-camber toward the right, where the right side is "lower" than the left side, like if you are plowing soil, or mowing a hillside or ditch, you can run out of gas, because all the liquid runs to the downhill side of the tank..... something like this would be really nice to keep the engine fed, no matter the angle of the tractor. I could see it be really nice in a boat also...... since the fuel is all over the inside of that tank as you are bouncing across the water......

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kool Idea, gas is thinner than diesel and I wonder if it would work the same, I'm betting they thunked that out already...

Might be nice idea and addition to my tanks....jurys out on this one still.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Al... Diesel is thinner than gas. Old saying goes like this.. Want to find a leak use water. Water can't find the leak use gas. Gas can't find the leak use diesel. Diesel can't find the leak.. You don't have a leak....:sly

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr Tony