HMMV H1 37" goodyear military OZ Tires

FordGuy100

Reaction score
My exp with Diesel's in 2wd is they are about useless off pavement or on ice in 2wd. Until I put the flatbed on my truck 2wd was completly useless even in light snow or grass with a good tire. Lock it into 4x4 & it ran great.

Never ran the Goodyears but I want to someday I ever lift mine. They seem to do well on road & even on the track.

I have had the same experience. Once in 4wd it is great, but 2wd is nothing but spinning in any offroad environment.

When I went wheeling in 1.5' of snow I had problems cause I would let out the clutch, and I just figured I had to much torque and would break them loose and just spin. If I slipped it enough, I could go, but I think these things make way to much torque down low to do any good snow-trail wheeling.

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
all i'm sayin is my almost bald ATZ's walk the truck thru the same conditions in 2wd where the goodyears would leave me sitting.....and no, i'm not a M/T fan but quickly becoming one

darwin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Darwin, I like those procomps, but I didn't see a 16.5 listed......did I over look it?
Sorry they are the "series 51". Same design minus the fake beadlocks. I would post a link but I am currently not on my personal computer.

What size of lift do you suggest? I am thinking a sky RSK. It would be nice with some bumper grinding if I could get away with only the 3" but I am thinking I will need the SKY 5" RSK.

Hyde

N GO SEEK
Reaction score
From what I've seen and experienced they are good tires for the money, except in the snow as was stated. Absolutely the WORST tires I've ever seen in the snow. Actually had a pretty um... shall we say adventurous ride on them tonight since the snow decided to pick up again. This is the 36" variety, dont have any experience with the 37's and they are a completely different tread pattern.

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
Hyde. are you talking about the MTR's. I have not one complaint about them other than the fast wearing. Them tires hook up!!

Cat_Rebel

Does not compute
Reaction score
From what I've seen and experienced they are good tires for the money, except in the snow as was stated. Absolutely the WORST tires I've ever seen in the snow. Actually had a pretty um... shall we say adventurous ride on them tonight since the snow decided to pick up again. This is the 36" variety, dont have any experience with the 37's and they are a completely different tread pattern.

The 36 is a whole diffrent tire, the 36s are bias & the 37s are radials.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanohawk