hmmmm

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
Well for ever since i got this truck i have had this problem and it seems to be getting worse and worse, i been thinkin maybe the head gasket is leaking i keep smelling coolant and when i first crank the motor when its cold number 7 cylinder doesnt hit at all its dead the engine run ruff and smokes white/blues smoke, when the engine warms up the smoke leaves, and the cylinder starts to hit, but it dont seem like when i crack the line that it hits as hard ad the other cylinders, and another thing i been noticing is when the engine is settin there idling cold if i got the hood up every now and then it will make a whoof sound from behind the motor and blow blue smoke from behind the engine, but i can seem to see were its comming from, the thing does get pressure in the radiator as soon as its cranked but it dont go crazy it just enough that iff you pull the cap off the rad it will **** all over your shirt and cause you to have to go change, but it dont blow the rad over flow tank open, so what do yall think?

funnyman06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You should run a compression check. This is always why im scared to run hard because i dont want to blow a head gasket. See if your low on compression on #7. Good luck.

65sixbanger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bet even with him running it up to 4500 rpm's, that still doesn't make near the compression when you stuff 15 pounds of boost in there..

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the exhaust pipe is known to be an issue where it goes into the manifold because no gasket is used most times you dont even notice that could be the smoke or coolant hitting the hot block

blue should be an exhaust leak the manifold is hard to see a leak on so id bet thats it

the white smoke says cold start lean fuel or headgasket

so hows it proform at 4k? same as normal
im going to use youre abuse of the motor to help any issues above idle will be multiplied at this rpm so does it feel different?

a few rules
if youre not loseing coolant then its not coolant causing the smoke (cant be leaking if nones lost)
then the smoke id say is a cold start

first thing id do is test the injector try moving it to another cylinder and see if the problems go away or move (front other bank)

you got youre ip cranked?

turn it down you may be too lean at idle (when cranked idk what the ip does)
or if its stock turn it up to see a difference

but main bet is injector

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
injectors are new, vibration and miss seems to just keeps getting worse as i drive it and starting to loose some power, hmmm, well i would do a compression test but i dont have a meter:mad: i might know someone who has one we will see, but if not then idk what to do, but i run it up to 4100 this evening and it done fine, other than that damn little miss it has, its not real bad, but just enough to **** me off