High mileage powerstroke

vegas39

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a friend with an 05 6.0L, he now has 545,000 miles on it. His truck is still in showroom condition, I would never have believed a 6.0 would run that long!
The truck is currently for sale, $10,000. 4door dually with lots of upgrades.

langevette

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I did the math right, that is an average of 230 miles A DAY, for the last 11 years. Now thats some driving.
Matthew

Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score
wow, that many miles with no cd player, broken cup holders and no gooseneck hitch. wunder what he did with it.

94turboidi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And I thought my 360,000 miles was good.......if I had the money to drive that much mine would probably have alot more.

crashnzuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I saw an early 90s chevy gasser on the freeway last week with a sign in the back window that said "this truck has over 1 million miles on it's original engine, try that with your Honda or Toyota". It was a nice looking truck, had custom wheels and paint, so you can tell he took care of it.
Travis..

94turboidi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It makes you wonder if a engine was properly built from the get go and had really great maintenance how many miles a person could squeeze out of it. Diesel or gas.

itsacrazyasian

residentcrazyasian
Reaction score
700,000 on a 98 town car 4.6. Used as a limo its whole life. Car was retired, motor was transplanted into a crown victoria with a blown motor. Dont get me wrong, it wasn't perfect but it ran. Used a little oil, had timing chains and guides done, origional water pump! I did all the service from the first oil change at 500 mi on my shop computer!

94turboidi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those 4.6 / 5.4 engines are good. I had a 4.6 in a thunderbird. My dad has a 02 f250 with the 5.4 It didn't run right since he bought it and ended up blowing the spark plug out of the aluminum heads. I pulled it all apart and had the machine shop put steel inserts in every hole. Other than that and some coil pack that is a pretty peppy engine now. Its a tight fit in his truck though by the firewall.

itsacrazyasian

residentcrazyasian
Reaction score
well if anyone remembers me from a looong time ago with a 91 crew dually, i bought a crown victoria after a motorcycle accident and i couldnt row gears anymore. I love mod motors. Besides when was the last time you saw a Asian driving a FORD!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent

Members online

No members online now.