high idle not working??

scheid6996

scheid6996
Reaction score
well i was 15 degree weather this week, and the high idle wouldnt turn on in the morning, even after letting my truck run for 15 or 20 mins, but when i started driving it, the the ebv would kick on and off going down the road, whats that all about?

hheynow

the misanthrope
Reaction score
My ebpv activated this morning for the first time this season. I had the on/off groans also. It's designed to help warm up the engine but many disconnect it.

As for your high idle ... :confused: I sure use mine on cold mornings.

scheid6996

scheid6996
Reaction score
ya mine usualy always turns on, but over there on 0degree or even less temp it didnt ever turn on

96_Bear

Shane
Reaction score
Hey guys I was told there is a thermo sensor that makes the truck high idle. Mine only high idles for 2 to 3 seconds before returning back to normal. I was told to repalce it. Never looked for to replace so I dont know if its true or not.

Muddinkev44

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had all the symthons you all have. With my bullydog that has the high idle doesnt work when its cold out. My ebpv would also stick. I found that when I changed my waterpump and theromstat it hepled it. I think its supposed to shut off when the engine warms up to opperating temp, cause I would be driving down the road...totally warmed up and it would act up on me...:mad: ....boy did that **** me off, especially when your on ice and it kicks on and your ass goes sideways......I put a new thermostat in to raise the opperating temp, and when I did that it hepled cause it would stop activating when it hit the opperating temp.....im not sure what temp the theromstat was but I used to run CONSTANTALLY with the needle right before the "N" in normal....now the needle is in the middle of the "O" of normal.....so I would do some research on what temp its supposed to shut off at.....when i plugged it in it helped with not doing it but when it was REALLY cold it wouldnt matter what I did it would still actup....

96_Bear

Shane
Reaction score
The only time anything with the brake light on the dash is on is startup and when the vacuum pump goes bad:D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
720Diesel