Hey Whitmore

jponder

Reaction score
How are those 285's holding up. Those puppies are STOUT!!!! I am rolling down the road at 12K lbs and the tires are at 110 psi and they will shake your teeth out your head. I been thinking of putting a coulple of 55 gallon drums with water in the camper to try and get my weight up around 14,000 lbs to smooth them monster tires out.

I guess I guess I could just lower the pressure, but thats is the sissiefied way out, NAW weight is what i need!!!!!! :D :D

Whit

Reaction score
110 psi.......no wonder yer teeth are rattlin, I took my psi down to 85 and it is alot better, I still think airbags on the back would be a great setup with these stiff tires though, if it werent fer my homemade traction bars I would consider it.........hindsite 20/20......also I notice a diff in the ride when my in-bed tank is full too.

Cheers, Kevin

jponder

Reaction score
Whitmore said:
110 psi.......no wonder yer teeth are rattlin, I took my psi down to 85 and it is alot better, I still think airbags on the back would be a great setup with these stiff tires though, if it werent fer my homemade traction bars I would consider it.........hindsite 20/20......also I notice a diff in the ride when my in-bed tank is full too.

Cheers, Kevin

You are running the yokahama right? The spec sheet on that tire only goes down to 95 psi. Dont know why. I have the airbags but in hindsight. I think the 265's with no 2 inch leveling kits and the standard camper package springs with only ranchos 9000 would be the simplest setup and work well.

Of Course then I wouldn't get to watch people stare at my monster tires at the red lights :)

Whit

Reaction score
Yes they are Yokohamas TY303's I would really like to see some pics of your airbag setup when ya get time, I never checked pressure spec on my tires, I just took em down to 85 psi and find the tire wear to be fine and when towing my 19k backhoe on a 7k trailer they still look very stable, my tires are rated for 6400 lbs each...............heck with no load on I bet I could run with 0psi and not notice, load rating is "H" on these monsters :D

Attachments

• 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 2

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin

Members online