HEY GUYS YOU'LL WANT TO HEAR ABOUT THIS!!!!!!!

bigoilburner20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I mean think about it on my end if you put a newer psd into a old 84 ford truck then its just upgraded... but if you have a newer style system on a old 6.9 platform then you are different from the rest you still have a 6.9 platform but it would have a common rail system which would make you different from the average guy puttin a old psd into a even older truck. Do you see from my point of veiw?

93_444idi

first on race day
Reaction score
aren't the camshafts the same as well?

i would imagine they were talking about the 6.4, dont think swamps has a twin turbo kit out for the 6.7 already

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
I mean think about it on my end if you put a newer psd into a old 84 ford truck then its just upgraded... but if you have a newer style system on a old 6.9 platform then you are different from the rest you still have a 6.9 platform but it would have a common rail system which would make you different from the average guy puttin a old psd into a even older truck. Do you see from my point of veiw?

No. An upgrade is an upgrade. Even if the PSD heads did fit, then you wouldn't be InDirectInjected anymore, you would be DirectInjected. Who care what block you have.

It would be like taking a 60s chevy w a small block and putting Fuelly heads and EFI on it. It is not original and it would be an upgrade. There would be no difference then to put a mid 90s EFI engine in it

aren't the camshafts the same as well?

No. Cams Are different