HEY GUYS YOU'LL WANT TO HEAR ABOUT THIS!!!!!!!

bigoilburner20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK so I was watching Motorhead garage and they had a brand new 2011 ford in the shop. They put twin turbos on it from swampsdiesel.com well after an hour an a half to take the body of the frame the big 6.4L was shown. Now they removed the egr cooler which opens that sucker up but something strange was said." The owner of swampsdiesel has a old and tired 7.3 mechanical diesel engine and they are putting a common rail 6.4l injection system in it and it seems like it would be a awesome combination. Wow I was amazed that some young guy in his 30's wants to put alot of effort into the oldie. It is a 2 plus year project so maybe it will be a kit and how much power you can make with that 7.3? It will run with the best of them any comments??????

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
" The owner of swampsdiesel has a old and tired 7.3 mechanical diesel engine and they are putting a common rail 6.4l injection system in it and it seems like it would be a awesome combination.

I believe you mis understood.

They are putting a common rail injection system on a 7.3 POWERSTROKE.
NOT an IDI

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
The 6.4 was built from 08-2010 and came with twin turbos And I would say that is what Swamps was working on ,upgrading the twin turbos
the 6.7 came out in 2011 and only had one turbo(stock)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online