Hey Guys, Thanks for Having Me!

Duke Thieroff

Reaction score
Hey guys, been reading a lot around here and figured I'd join.

This here is my rig.

88 F250 4x4
Standard Cab
Long Bed
ZF 5
7.3 IDI NA
D44 Front axle
Dynomax Exhaust kit (Just put it on today. Really Sounds Excellent.)

PIcked it up back in late November/early December

You must be registered for see images attach

Since I bought it I have:
-All new glow plugs FMC/Beru.
-Oil and Filter Change
-New drivers side front axle shaft
-Wired a manual GP switch. (Will be replacing system to original equipment, need to make a new harness)
-Coolant flush/fill. (Low silicate/SCA)
-New Water Pump
-Replaced small windows
-Dynomax Exhaust
-Replaced old brake lines
-Added Winch and Bracket
-Fuel and air filter change
-New valve cover gaskets
-New retun lines and caps. Viton O-rings.
-New light/dimmer switch

Things on the short list
-Fix cracked firewall
-New U joints all the way around
-Wire brush and undercoat/paint underbody.
-Go with electric lift pump as opposed to mechanical.
-Schrader valve on fuel filter bracket is leaking
-Headlight harness, as well as get my tailights working.

The truck has 190k, appears to have been garage kept most of it's life. Has some minor rust issues in the wheel wells. Hard to find a truck of this vintage around these parts with as little rust as this one.

Picked it up locally for $2200, it had a Meyer Poly Plow and bracket on it which I sold for $500. All is all I picked her up for $1700.

Loving every minute of it all.

Chris

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Well its great to have a new member joing the best forum on the web. Please read the Hall of Shame forum before you buy anything for the engine. Also ask before you buy or try to replace the injecters or the injection pump. As for an electric lift pump try a member here that sells a great pump. His handle here is genlightning. He sells the carrier electric lift pumps found on those semi refer units. Those smalll diesels way up top and the fuel tank way back under the trailers can pull diesel all the ways and last forever doing it. No other pump has been found nor talked about here that can do that.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the site,

Nice looking rig ya got and a good deal too. Gotta like buy and sell off parts right away...just what I did too!

Sounds like you have a good grasp on what yer doing and that makes it easy.

Take some time and fill your signature in for us.

Again Welcome to Oil Burners

Al

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Tell us where you live.. Might be a member close enough to drop by for help or suggestions.

Duke Thieroff

Reaction score
Looking good and welcome to the site.

Thank you.

Well its great to have a new member joing the best forum on the web. Please read the Hall of Shame forum before you buy anything for the engine. Also ask before you buy or try to replace the injecters or the injection pump. As for an electric lift pump try a member here that sells a great pump. His handle here is genlightning. He sells the carrier electric lift pumps found on those semi refer units. Those smalll diesels way up top and the fuel tank way back under the trailers can pull diesel all the ways and last forever doing it. No other pump has been found nor talked about here that can do that.

That Carrier pump from GenLightning was the plan. Seems like a stout setup.

Any suggestions on IP suppliers?

Welcome to Oilburners. Nice looking rig you got there.

Thank you.

Welcome to the site,

Nice looking rig ya got and a good deal too. Gotta like buy and sell off parts right away...just what I did too!

Sounds like you have a good grasp on what yer doing and that makes it easy.

Take some time and fill your signature in for us.

Again Welcome to Oil Burners

Al

The snow plow was somewhat useless to me. Always wanted a diesel truck, I was in the market and this one popped up with perfect timing.

Seller was eager, and the rig was hard to start. Best part about the deal for me was that he was a self described "Cummins Man." Gotta love it when people hate a rig cause it ain't what they like or are accustomed to.

Personally I like all of em. I've been big into chainsaws and chainsaw collecting for the past few years. Earned some stripes there as far as basic understanding of motors. Good place to learn too, drop dead simple critters they are. Some folks are the same way about chainsaws. Whether Stihl, or Husqvarna, McCulloch or Homelite. Shindaiwa or Echo, don't matter none to me. I like em all!

As far as having a good grasp, well I wouldn't say that, still a lot to learn. Lots of good reading here to give me something to grasp on to.

Tell us where you live.. Might be a member close enough to drop by for help or suggestions.

Southwestern PA. Somewhere between Pittsburgh and West Virginia.

Chris

fordf350man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
welcome, youll find all the information you could ever want for an idi on here, im still pretty new here but i learned a bunch about these engines, but there is still much more to learn

idi_econoline

No Bed For Me!
Reaction score
Yes, welcome! Thanks for jumping into our community. Fine-looking truck you have there (sez the 2WD city guy whose van never works THAT hard). LOL

A year later, I can say that this is a great group of fellas to learn from. ;Sweet

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
A member that goes by the handle Agnem is the person you need to contact about a great injection pump. He is the master of building the finest pumps anywhere. His business name is Conestoga diesl injection located in Pa. Mel is the owner and is by far the nicest guy you will ever do business with. He has many pump options to choose from.. In a simple statement it mild to wild.. Just choose what you want. Hes not going to sell you what you don't want or need just to keep the doors open either.