HELP Typ4

CESMITH

1986F250 6.9
Reaction score
Russ I need some of your wisdom .I have a waste gated banks system on my 86 the turbo is pukeing oil . the turbo is aTEO6H misubishi ser# 09147 . I know it has been apart more times than I know . Can a new center section be had, or can the hole turbo be replaced with something thats more servicable. The local shops say replace it or go back to banks:confused:thanks in advance Ed

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Banks will only sell you a complete bolt on turbo. They will not sell a center section. I tried so I paid $1100.00 for a turbo that I could just bolt on to the banks manifold on the truck. I rebuilt the spare and now have a complete spare kit if I every build another screamer engine...:angel::sly

CESMITH

1986F250 6.9
Reaction score
1100.00 turbo

1100.00 was that from banks or from Russ, what did you get for your 1100,was it anotherTEO6H or another brand. thanks Ed

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
It was from Banks and I got a new turbo ready to bolt onto my banks manifold in the truck. They would not sell me the center section. At the time I was able to "find" two locations that had center sections but don't recall if they were new or rebuilds. The price was $595.00. I think Rons Trubo was one and Lake Havasu Trubo was the other place. That was a nationwide search too. Mine is a Mistubishi turbo and they will sell you any part you give them the part number for. They wont look up a part number and sell you a part... Real crappy way of staying in business if you ask me....

CESMITH

1986F250 6.9
Reaction score
thanks , I think they call that propritory, misubitu wont sell parts to anyone thats not a orignal equpment manufactur(OEM), It sucks but I run in to this all the time in the hydraulic bisness. ( you have to go back to the OEM for high priced parts if there avable)

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
thanks , I think they call that propritory, misubitu wont sell parts to anyone thats not a orignal equpment manufactur(OEM), It sucks but I run in to this all the time in the hydraulic bisness. ( you have to go back to the OEM for high priced parts if there avable)

Thats kinda what they are doing but if you have the part number they will sel to you. They just wont look up anything for you...:dunno

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
Can someone show me the exhaust flange that is used for the Banks system? I'm curious if they were lazy enough to use the entire mitsubishi turbo, if the bolt on flange is in fact a mitsubishi flange. If thats the case the sky is the limit to what you can bolt onto that flange.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do you use the truck every day?
I have a new connection in the turbo world that says he can get the mitsu parts.

I would love to have a banks in hand to find a newer garrett to replace it.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Well Russ.. The next time your down at towcats I will loan you my spare rebuilt banks mistubishi turbo to look over...:sly

papastruck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well Russ.. The next time your down at towcats I will loan you my spare rebuilt banks mistubishi turbo to look over...:sly

:rotflmao:rotflmao I just knew it. Gary, something's been bugging me: if you were to remove ALL items from behind your rear seat, a) how much higher would your truck sit and b) would you be able to assemble a running vehicle from all the removed parts? I'm sorry, it's probably getting old for you, that post just cracked me up. Ol' Road Hog's jus' funnin'. Prolly just slap-happy from no sleep last night.

CESMITH

1986F250 6.9
Reaction score
THIS THING IS TOAST

I got the TEO6H off tonite and its a train wreck:puke: Banks wants 1600.00 for the replacement . Russ would the garret be any cheeper ,Im sure it would be more servicable . Matt at banks didnt have any in stock , but he called a dealer in cali that had one and could ship today. Russ I would be able to ship this to you if you think you could help everyone here on OB, with a garret replacment for there sidewinders.( Warning do not run a non ballanced turbo ) It will crash!!!!!

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can someone show me the exhaust flange that is used for the Banks system? I'm curious if they were lazy enough to use the entire mitsubishi turbo, if the bolt on flange is in fact a mitsubishi flange. If thats the case the sky is the limit to what you can bolt onto that flange.
Sean-
a WG banks turbo on the exh mounting is a T3 mount.

Attachments

• SL370715.JPG
    SL370715.JPG
    289.4 KB · Views: 2
  • T3_Specs.gif
    T3_Specs.gif
    3.1 KB · Views: 2

bob_442

mad scientist
Reaction score
Do you use the truck every day?
I have a new connection in the turbo world that says he can get the mitsu parts.

I would love to have a banks in hand to find a newer garrett to replace it.
I have a Banks/7.3 TE06 (that I've been running on a Chevy) that is need of a rebuild if
it will help.

Bob

CESMITH

1986F250 6.9
Reaction score
Pitcures

the first and last one are H1C from a Ist gen 6BT

Attachments

• turbo2.jpg
    turbo2.jpg
    3.1 KB · Views: 70
  • turbo6.jpg