Help! T-case preoblems

smokin69

Always smokin'
Reaction score
On my way home from school today I was comming to a stop and I heard a whole bunch of clunking under the truck and the t case shifter started moving back. I pushed it forward and it stopped for a second and tried to do it again, pushing back on my hand. At the next stopsign I pulled it into 4 hi and tried it and the noises went away. Anyone have any ideas? Its a NP208 btw.

smokin69

Always smokin'
Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can get a cheap transfercase for this thing? Would a BW unit from later models swap in??? Someone out there has to know.

aaklingler

Reaction score
Yours has a yoke on the tc, correct? The later BW have a slip joint, so you would need a drive shaft too, at least.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The 1345 BW T-case has front and rear yokes. The 1356 has a rear slip yoke. The two different T-cases use a different length rear shaft. I'm pretty sure the front is the same lenght. The early trucks had 1345's and the later trucks used 1356's. Where the switch occured...........I don't know.

Heath.

smokin69

Always smokin'
Reaction score
Well I got a friend with a junk F150, and Im trading him a set of Audiobahn subs for the transfercase. It has yolks on the front and back, not a slip yolk. I believe so anyway. If not Ill grab the driveshaft too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JFMac