Help Needed With Alarms For Low oil & Coolant

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
I want to setup an alarm system that will show me the oil pressure is low at the turbo and the coolant is low in the top of the radiator. I've tried to set this up in the radiator but I'm not having much luck. What I want is a lite to flash near the Isspro oil pressure gage and the Isspro coolant temp gage. Also I want an alarm to sound also. That way I will hear something and then go looking for whats going on. I really don't know what I need for any of this or what instramantation to ask for. Can one system be installed kinda like what you would find on a gen set with a diesel running it? I know they run round the clock and shut down when something heats up or the level gets to low to operate safely. I just don't know what these items are called or where to go looking for them. A parts list would be great too.... Thanks I'm kinda electrically challanged in this area thats for sure....

flatlander

plays dirty when losing
Reaction score
The oil pressure at the turbo is a simple one. You can just move your sending unit to that location to monitor your oil pressure.

Or if you'd rather keep monitoring oil pressure at the location you currently are and want to add a bell and a light, I found a pressure switch on ebay that would probably work. Let me check if I bookmarked it.

As for the coolant level, do you want something that will monitor without penetrating the radiator? If so you could add a sensor through the radiator cap, or splice something into the upper radiator hose.

Let me dig through a few catalogs and see what I can find.

As for the wiring, that's simple once you locate the components you need.

motrack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
google "Murphy Engine Controls"

Thats what we use on gen sets and stationary engine sets.

gandalf

Reaction score
It seems to me that Bill (OMB) once set up some alarms on his truck. That's only a faint recollection, so it would have been a bit ago. His mentioning it would have been before this site came about, so it would have been on that "Brand X" site (TDS). You might want to ask him about that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online