HELP. NEED - Harness side, tach sensor plug, pig tail

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
Hey guys, I need to track down the harness side of the tach sensor wiring. I need the plug and about 6" or so of wiring. These trucks are pretty rare in a yard around here, so Im hoping one of you guys can hook me up.
Thanks!

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Damn, two days ago I was at the junkyard with two of these trucks, I got the tach senders from both, one with the plug and about 1/2" of the wiring. I can still attach crimp connectors on the plug tho, and the way I usually do it I can pretty much guarantee the connection will not fail before truck dies :D I can have the thing prepped and in the mail to you tomorrow morning if you'd like me to.

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
I've got a couple PM's running around asking for one from a few members parts trucks. But would it be possible if nothing pans out that you could go cut the plug and about 6" of wiring out of the other truck?

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Junkyard is kinda far from me, but I'm sure something can be arranged - especially since the other truck has just been brought in, so chances are it will still be there.

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
I may HAVE to send ya to get that. Hopefully not, if its going to be that much trouble.
Someone has to have a parts truck with that plug still in it!

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's okay, Thursday is gonna be all sunshine and I'm just looking for an excuse to take my chop-top Lincoln out for a cruise :D

david85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What happened to your plug and wires?

Not sure if this helps, but the plug itself can be rewired if its the quick connect thats the problem.

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
Im converting an 83 that didnt have a tach to one with a tach. So I dont have anything to do with the factory tach wiring.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
sean-
it's not hard to put in a tach. the gauge connector plug has the open positions for the tach and the wiring is pretty much a straight run to the sensor except for one connector.

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
Hey, thats fine. I may have found one from a member parting a truck out. I'll post back here with what happens.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wheelsrollin