Help me find the article on storing a ip pump

cheap bronco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello all! I have tried many searches and no luck. I remember seeing a article on storing a ip pump long term. Thanks in advance.

Enzo

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
I stored mine for over 4 years in a plastic pale that has a tight fitting watertight seal on it. I wrapped the pump in a diesel soaked rag. That pump ins on my engine now and running fine. I installed it last weekend. Try to keep the pale up off the cold floors. Actually the higher up on a shelf the better. Heat goes up and cold goes down...

cheap bronco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks, I looked at the tech section and nothing ( thanks Icanfixall) , i remember reading somewhere that if you fill the pump with atf and seal the bag it will last for years in a bag.

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ATF or Seafoam. I'm running 6 -7 year old diesel in my 92 now. Diesel don't go bad unless algea grows in it.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Storing the pump full, in a sealed container is the best option. Don't be afraid to just submerge the whole thing in clean diesel fuel in a climate controlled place.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Storing the pump full, in a sealed container is the best option. Don't be afraid to just submerge the whole thing in clean diesel fuel in a climate controlled place.

Mel makes a great point. Fully submerged in a pale of clean diesel will work fine but please clean off the outside of the pump before dunking it in the diesel bucket.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance