Help finding parts

Danoflapper

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'd sure appreciate some help finding some parts for my rusty old heap.

One of the leaf spring hangers finally failed and the other 3 are not far behind. This is for the back end of the truck by the way. Took the box off and replaced the rear passenger side hanger. (bought it from the dealer, got scammed) They're much cheaper online. I have managed to find the drivers side rear hanger online and both of the shackles. I cannot find the front hangers though. (front have 6 rivets, rear have 4) Where can I find these online for a decent price? I cannot seem to find them on RockAuto.

I also will replace my leaky rear tank while the box is off. I think I'll do the harpoon mod too.

Thanks a ton guys, you have no idea how many times you have helped me in the past.

ghunt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They are difficult to find- someone else directed me to these guys and this is where I got mine from- it was one of the best prices I was able to find too:

http://www.autoandtrucksprings.com/...t_of_Rear_fits_3_Wide_Leaf_Spring-1707-4.html

The only other things you need to do the job are two Grade 8 bolts for the leaf springs themselves (and of course the size and length escapes me now- easy to take them hanger to a hardware store and find the right ones though), two locknuts, and four washers. I also highly recommend getting a polyurethane bushing set because if your truck is anything like mine, those bolts ain't coming out of the sleeves in the factory bushings. The poly bushings come in two halves, very handy.

gonecrazyi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Id go and get a set from a junkyard truck if i could find any. I've got an f250 frame that's goin to scrap soon. Its rust free and has perfect hangers. Pm me if you are interested.

Danoflapper

Reaction score
Thanks guys, I'm all set now. I appreciate the help!

I hope to have this rust bucket back on the road soon. Going to clean up and paint the frame, replace my leaky rear tank, harpoon the tanks, and hopefully find a decent box.