Help!! compression testing

lastbugle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi
I am trying to do a compression test and I took out the glow plugs, but the part from the test kit that I think should fit that looks like a glow plug with the same thread but it wont screw into the hole like it hits a lip inside the motor. theres another little part in kit that fits and will screw in but its so small I cant hook up the tester the tester has a 90 degree angle to it and wont go on.
I got the tester from harbor freight if that helps?
can I test it another way besides the glow plugs? guessing maybe the injectors

at loss for ideas thanks for any and all help.

Last edited:

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
The harbor freight adapters will not work very well. I just finished testing two of our trucks, it's no fun job, by no means. Also, put a battery maintainer on your primary battery or you'll run out of juice before you're even half finished.

howards@howard

Full Access Member
Reaction score
compression tester

I think the problem lies with your tester. I cant find A name on my tester the connector is made by hoffman and the gauge is by us gauge. it screws in slick a sh big bang boom your done. good luck

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
yea i had the same problem, i don't remember which one but i used another adapter to make it work. it was tight to, it is a cheap set.

it would be possible to test compression through the injectors but that sure is the hard way to do it if you could even find an adapter.