Help!! compression testing

lastbugle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi
I am trying to do a compression test and I took out the glow plugs, but the part from the test kit that I think should fit that looks like a glow plug with the same thread but it wont screw into the hole like it hits a lip inside the motor. theres another little part in kit that fits and will screw in but its so small I cant hook up the tester the tester has a 90 degree angle to it and wont go on.
I got the tester from harbor freight if that helps?
can I test it another way besides the glow plugs? guessing maybe the injectors

at loss for ideas thanks for any and all help.

Last edited:

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
The harbor freight adapters will not work very well. I just finished testing two of our trucks, it's no fun job, by no means. Also, put a battery maintainer on your primary battery or you'll run out of juice before you're even half finished.

howards@howard

Full Access Member
Reaction score
compression tester

I think the problem lies with your tester. I cant find A name on my tester the connector is made by hoffman and the gauge is by us gauge. it screws in slick a sh big bang boom your done. good luck

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
yea i had the same problem, i don't remember which one but i used another adapter to make it work. it was tight to, it is a cheap set.

it would be possible to test compression through the injectors but that sure is the hard way to do it if you could even find an adapter.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dieselmainiac

Members online