Help, big problems get off the water pump!

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They must have changed it then, cause the pump I changed on the Moose Truck had a gasket with some kind of material on it. It had a name, but it escapes me at the moment. Guess it depends on if it was old or new stock.

82fordtruck

Reaction score
no leaks though. Just need to get rid of my spare pump now. If someone makes an offer and pays shipping - it's theirs. Same with running boards. Just need them gone.

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine came with the updated top two bolts and a gasket. I had to supply everything else. I have gotten it almost perfectly clean, thanks to ssome good advice from Old Mr. Bill and a lot of attention to finishing the sufrace. I had a guy with an air chisel free the fan clutch. Only one problem left to overcome. I have to get that heater hose inlet out or else get a new one. Can a new one be had, or am I forced to get that old one out. I tried freeing it with a crescent wrench and hammer. No dice. Thanks guys,
J.D.

zigg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If the bolts are hitting the IP would I know it or is this a silent problem and how long would the engine go before it broke.
Bill

I've heard of guys starting their engines after wp re/re, and it broke on the first turn.
I purchased an engine last year that "had a bit of a knock" and burning oil. When I opened it you could clearly see where the bolts had been riding on the inj.pump gear, and gouged a groove in it about 1/8" deep, but it never broke. Go figure...

Zigg :)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin

Members online