Heater coil hose (tee)

3Kp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got a new (champion radiator cc1165) I was changing it out and noticed a hose that runs off the heater coil hoses (factory tee hose) down to the radiator. Of course I didn't get a adapter sent for that hose just a plug with a rubber O-ring but did get the 2 adapters for the transmission lines. I tried to install the adapter into the new radiator for the heater hose but the threads are different. For now I put the provided plug in the radiator. I noticed my son's truck 84 F250 6.9 doesn't have the same hose configuration. It got me wondering why does the hose run down to the bottom of the radiator like that and how important is it? Called a friend with a Bricknose and he said his hoses are like my sons truck??

It's a strange fitting fits a heater coil hose and has such a small opening. Any input would be great! Thanks!!

cpdenton

Truck needs paint.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That tee was only on auto e4od trucks.

Feel free to delete it.

I actually did something different with mine.

I teed off the heater core feed line and ran to a coolant filter. I used this fitting on my champion to return to the radiator. The coolant filter has a restriction in it that slows down the flow too, and it works well for me.

Here is a link to the right adapter for that fitting.

http://www.threadtoolsupply.com/aluminum-thread-adapter-m16-38npt.html

3Kp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It defiantly wasn't doing much on my truck since the hose is so full of gunk where it connected to the radiator. Going to pick up some new hose and replace both to the heater coil and delete the Tee if it's not necessary function to the system. If I notice issues then I will order the adapter that was linked in a previous post and reconnect it into the system with a Tee.

Thanks!

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That tee was only on auto e4od trucks.

Feel free to delete it.

I actually did something different with mine.

I teed off the heater core feed line and ran to a coolant filter. I used this fitting on my champion to return to the radiator. The coolant filter has a restriction in it that slows down the flow too, and it works well for me.

Here is a link to the right adapter for that fitting.

http://www.threadtoolsupply.com/aluminum-thread-adapter-m16-38npt.html

Great idea...TY

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
So far I have never found a reason for this hose. As already posted. The design was to speed up the trans fluid warm up time but really... Did it do anything as designed... Not really. Kind of along the lines of the fuel heater in the TOP of the fuel filter... Now how does that work??? Hest climbs up and not down.. Ever see a pot of the stove warming from the top down.. Nope. Delete it because Ford will charge an arm and a leg for the hose. BTW the standard fitting in the oem radiator bottom tank looks fine till you look closely at it. The drilled hole in it is about 1/8 inch!!! So how much hot fluid from the passenger side head is making its way down thru that... Not very much...