Headlights

geno8769

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Slowly bringing my $700 92 F250 back to life.

Last night I drove it for the 1st time at night. Have headlights and all turn signals work.

Turned on my left turn signal and my headlights went out. Turned it off and they came back on.

Is this a turn signal switch issue? The windshield was leaking terribly when I bought the truck. I think I have that issue solved.

Thanks in advance.

maddenji

Reaction score
I've gone through my Haynes manual and can't find how the turn signal can affect the headlights. Is it just the left turn signal or will the right turn signal and haz. flashers do it too? Check all the ground connections in the front of the truck.
Jim

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The '92 has the monster multi-function switch on the column, don't that control the headlights in some way, like high beams or something? I can imagine if it decides to wear out and go bad internally all sorts of electrical gremlins are possible...

franklin2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The '92 has the monster multi-function switch on the column, don't that control the headlights in some way, like high beams or something? I can imagine if it decides to wear out and go bad internally all sorts of electrical gremlins are possible...

I vote this if 92 doesn't have the dimmer in the floor. The switch could be bad, or a plug is getting loose in the column. If you have tilt wheel, tilt the wheel radically and see if it affects the problem.

swampdigger

Full Access Member
Reaction score

You're right! Hi/Lo beams are on the switch.

I change my vote to multi function switch.

geno8769

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It wasnt doing it today. The turn signal lever does wipers, turn signal, high/low beams.

It was in direct path of windshield leak for 4 years while it sat not running.

I sorta came to the same conclusion that the switch is the culprit. I plan on taking it off and seeing if it is corroded. Thanks for all of your input.